Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Just got my Service Manual from Helm

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Just got my Service Manual from Helm

Just got my SM for my 2005 Accord Hybrid today from HELM. I was skimming through the whole thing and I noticed one major thing.....TALK ABOUT THOROUGH!

This beats Chilton or Haynes service manuals by 100 fold. Not only do I like how it tells you which services you need at every X miles, but it's tells you what page to go to for either inspecting it or repairing it if out of limits.

Another part I like is the troubleshooting, it's set as a logic tree so it's thorough and easy to use.

Also if you hate how unclear pictures are in some service manuals you'll be happy with this one, there are lots, and lots, and lots of pictures. They are very clear and easily labled so one can understand that picture.

These are just some part of this THICK book that caught my attention. The rest are just as amazing and/or great information to have. I was told this is the same book Honda uses in their service department, thats also another reason to buy this book.

Overall this is the best $56.50 I've ever spent on a service manual for a car! I would HIGHLY recommed everyone to either purchase this book or the CD version for their Honda. Now if I only had all the tools and a lift I'd start using this book right now

BUT this isn't perfect, their are always flaws and I found one. As you can see this is one complete book. It would have been nice if the sheets we're all separated and able to put in a binder. This way instead of having the whole book when performing maintenance, just have the chapter you need. Also if a page was ripped, lost, or dirty to the point when you can't read it you can just order that page instead of the whole book.

What do you guys/gals think? Am I right of wrong, or is there a better one out there. I think this post would be good to read, especially if someone has a problem with their ride.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got my Service Manual from Helm

those are the same books that honda technicians use...they use the Honda network more than the book but sometimes the books are easier
Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by R_ACE1

Overall this is the best $56.50 I've ever spent on a service manual for a car! I would HIGHLY recommed everyone to either purchase this book or the CD version for their Honda. Now if I only had all the tools and a lift I'd start using this book right now

BUT this isn't perfect, their are always flaws and I found one. As you can see this is one complete book. It would have been nice if the sheets we're all separated and able to put in a binder. This way instead of having the whole book when performing maintenance, just have the chapter you need. Also if a page was ripped, lost, or dirty to the point when you can't read it you can just order that page instead of the whole book.

What do you guys/gals think?
LOL I can tell you're excited-- I know the feeling LOL

I was lucky enough to win my manual for half the price on Ebay.

I was also able to find a free .pdf of the manual for my car, I'd suggest you get the .pdf version too, if you haven't already.

Instead of lugging around the thick *** manual in the garage or worrying about it getting dirty, refer to the .pdf and PRINT out the chapters you need and take those with you in the garage. Much more disposable and lightweight and you won't have to feel bad if you get grease on the printouts.

Have fun ;0)
Old 06-26-2009, 06:45 PM

Someone got ripped off, That you can get it online for free,,just have to download it.
I have one but i stole mines from honda,and to find out i didnt even need to steal it at work because you could download it online.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a Helm manual for my first new car (92 Accord), and I've been buying service manuals for every car I own since. You can learn a lot about how your car works by reading this book. They have all paid for themselves many times over, because I do all my own maintenance and repairs. I can't remember the last time a paid technician touched one of my cars/trucks. Haynes/Chilton's manuals are NOTHING compared to the Helm factory manual. The Honda Manuals are much easier to understand than Toyota manuals. The Toyota manual was twice as expensive $130, and twice as hard to understand. Helm is the best.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LeftLaneB*tch
I was also able to find a free .pdf of the manual for my car, I'd suggest you get the .pdf version too, if you haven't already.

Instead of lugging around the thick *** manual in the garage or worrying about it getting dirty, refer to the .pdf and PRINT out the chapters you need and take those with you in the garage. Much more disposable and lightweight and you won't have to feel bad if you get grease on the printouts.

Have fun ;0)
Where exactly did you find your .pdf? I wouldn't mind having an electronic copy.

Thank you
Old 07-06-2009, 11:41 AM

yea, is there a pdf for the 2008 lx-s coupe??
Old 07-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by checkZvtec
yea, is there a pdf for the 2008 lx-s coupe??
The Accord manuals usually cover both models (coupe and sedan), and all the different trim levels (LX,EX,...). No separate books for each model. If you have a V6 engine, you will probably need the V6 supplement, in addition to the regular manual. You can get them at either helminc.com or HandAaccessories has them too. Your local dealer can also order one, or there is probably a form in your owner's manual to order one too. Check the prices.