Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Interior lights won't come on when I open my driver's side door.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 06:26 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights won't come on when I open my driver's side door.

Hey guys! I'm new here, but I have 3 problems.
  1. Interior lights won't come on when I open my driver's side door.
  2. The little safety light on door panel doesn't come on when the door is open
  3. My power window automatic close function where when you pull the window switch back all the way and let go, it's supposed to pull the window all the way up? It no longer doese and instead, goes up for a little bit then stops and when I full it for auto close again it goes up a little bit then stops and I have to repeat about 4 time just to close the window.
I think that these problems all tie together somehow, but haven'the figure out what. Not sure whether it's relay or a fuse that's out. Please help! Thank you guys!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Interior lights won't come on when I open my driver's side door.

I just posted nearly the exact same thing for at the exact same time as your post. Only I am also having my airbag indicator light come on too. My car is a 2007 Honda Accord EXL. I would definitely be interested in any feedback.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Interior lights won't come on when I open my driver's side door.

Sounds to me like you have two issues and both should be fairly easy to fix. There is a switch in your door jamb that is protected from the elements by a black rubber cover. Each door has one and when the doors are opened the plunger in the switch pops up alerting the car that the door is open. Close the door and the plunger is pushed back down. There is a round cutout that can be popped open to access a single 10mm bolt (may be an 8mm). Remove this and unplug the switch to replace. This should take care of your first two concerns.

The window sounds like it lost it's memory. To do a relearn pull and hold the switch until the window fully closes. Keep holding the switch up for three seconds. Press it down until the window is fully open and hold for three seconds. This should resolve your third problem.

To the person with the air bag (SRS) light, this is a separate issue that will have to be diagnosed with a scan tool. It can be anything from a faulty impact sensor, air bag inflator, seat belt retractor, to the circuits between.

Beat of luck to both of you!