Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Hows my alignment? Do I need the frame pulled?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows my alignment? Do I need the frame pulled?

Hello everybody, this is my first post and lets just say I hooked a bump in the road.

Can you guys tell me if I am reading my alignment sheet correctly. It seems my front caster is off and my rear chamber doesn't match.

Do I need the front left of the car pulled up (towards the driving direction), to get the casters closer to each other?

Do I need the rear left pulled out (more left), to get the rear left chamber more positive, and the left more negative.

Last edited by FreshJr; 02-09-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hows my alignment? Do I need the frame pulled?

i think theres only toe adjustments on the car. if u want to adjust camber, then you need a camber kit.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by moe05
i think theres only toe adjustments on the car. if u want to adjust camber, then you need a camber kit.
I know for a fact its not adjustable on this car, I checked.

What I am talking about strapping the car to a frame puller and pulling the rear and front sub frames.

I know a person with a body shop but I dont know if these values are so out of spec that I should ask him for a quote.

Paper does show all green but I dont quite agree.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You want less caster on the left side, it will help counter the crown of the road. Perfectly normal, your alignment is fine

You could probably drop the front camber out .2 or .3 by loosening the bolts on the bottom of the strut with the weight off the suspension (jacked up by the subframe, not the control arm). There is usually enough slop in the knuckle/strut to allow for some minor adjustments. The rear is a different story since it's multi-link. Set the toe and go.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by viper_boy403
You want less caster on the left side, it will help counter the crown of the road. Perfectly normal, your alignment is fine

You could probably drop the front camber out .2 or .3 by loosening the bolts on the bottom of the strut with the weight off the suspension (jacked up by the subframe, not the control arm). There is usually enough slop in the knuckle/strut to allow for some minor adjustments. The rear is a different story since it's multi-link. Set the toe and go.
Agree with this.

And for reference, if it were necessary to shift the frame, most frames do not need to be "pulled" but rather simply loosen the bolts and shift the frame with a couple of large pry bars.....
Old 02-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I forgot, accords stayed with the double wishbone front suspension for a while, in which case no camber adjustments are available as it comes from the factory. Not sure which model you have, so it will vary depending on application
Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you wouldn't need to have your frame pulled even if you wanted to change those specs... they would need to do a sub frame adjustment by loosening and moving the front and rear sub frames. not a big deal.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MSchu
you wouldn't need to have your frame pulled even if you wanted to change those specs... they would need to do a sub frame adjustment by loosening and moving the front and rear sub frames. not a big deal.
Its still a little cold over here so I won't be toching the subframe yet but when it geta warmer do you know if it would be possible to shift subframe about 3/8" forward to even the caster.

Im trying to bring the caster to 4* each. So push driver side forward and passenger side back.

It does pull left right now, going to toe adjust on rear tmrw.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

-.6 caster split is fine...I'd suspect more of a tire issue than anything else. Hondas don't usually pull even if the alignment is wayyyyy off; 99% of the time I find that rotating the tires fixes the problem. FWD cars tend to track straighter since the drive wheels are also the steering wheels.