Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Honda Alignment (did I get hosed?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Honda Alignment (did I get hosed?)

I went to get an oil change today and Honda offered a free alignment check. They presented the first page that showed that I had failed the check. I asked to see the numbers and was told "oh it doesn't print that out but you're definitely off". I had them align the vehicle and then found the numbers on my passengers seat. I was wondering if I got hosed on this. By the looks of it, I really didn't need it :/ should I say something? Cost me 65 bucks
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Honda.pdf (490.6 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by colton1808; 08-06-2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Alignment (did I get hosed?)

I wouldn't say you got "hosed" per say, but looking at the numbers you probably could have rolled with it and not had too many issues in the long run if you kept up on tire rotrations. Front toe before looks to be at the upper limit on one side & your left rear was just flat out off. But they set your front toe back to basically zero and your rear toe set to be were a lot of honda cars are set from the factory & for $65 that is a pretty good price in my opinion for a four wheel alignment, especially from a dealership.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:26 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Honda dealers are shady at best. They lied to you and said the numbers don't print out, because they knew if you saw them you'd forego the alignment, which was not really necessary to begin with.

Best you can do is call and complain to get a discount on your next oil change or something though.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:31 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

hahaha says you need an alignment, doesn't show proof, you say OK. **** DAT!
Old 08-07-2018, 06:26 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 09chaplak
hahaha says you need an alignment, doesn't show proof, you say OK. **** DAT!
This is how all shops get 99% of their work though.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Loves Tossing Salad

Originally Posted by 2x0
This is how all shops get 99% of their work though.
I think we're on the same page. Not knocking the shops, knocking OP.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah 09 Chaplak i'm not a big car guy, I deal in the financial field for a living, so even if they had given me the before numbers I still wouldn't have really known if it wasn't for the green or red. Ignorance costs money in this world. Judging off 1999 Civics response I guess it wasn't a total loss though. I still am unsure if I should even say something..Maybe get a discount like 2xo mentioned.

Last edited by colton1808; 08-07-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by colton1808
Yeah 09 Chaplak i'm not a big car guy, I deal in the financial field for a living...
I dont understand this. Does this mean you have no common sense? You paid for something you didn't know that you really needed. Not a very sound financial decision.
Its ok to ask questions. Its ok to keep asking questions until you can comprehend to the best of your abilities, what is going on. A good,honest, repair shop will patiently explain what is needed and why. Dont believe all the bullshit news stories, there are many,many good, honest repair shops across the country.

Google or Yelp is a good starting point. Ill give you a hint,if you read the reviews of a shop and the majority of complaints are about the pricing,its probably a good shop.

Only plebs and bottomfeeders complain about price......

(BTW I agree with 99 Civics assessment)
Old 08-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Like I said I don’t know much about alignments, for 65 bucks I’m not going to go around town asking every mechanic if I actually need something. That’s not having a lot of common sense. If it’s not a huge price tag I’ll probably go for it. Just as if my dentist says “hey you need this 65 dollar procedure” I’ll probably do it, considering it’s 65 bucks and I’m not a dentist. I mean maybe if you don’t have a lot of money (not knocking you for it) i would have spent the time driving to another mechanic to get a second opinion and hope they don’t try and say I need something else and then go to another mechanic to see if what they said I need is really what I need and then google everything to double check. I simply was apart of this forum and wanted to know if I really needed it out of pure curiosity.

Originally Posted by DCFIVER
I dont understand this. Does this mean you have no common sense? You paid for something you didn't know that you really needed. Not a very sound financial decision.
Its ok to ask questions. Its ok to keep asking questions until you can comprehend to the best of your abilities, what is going on. A good,honest, repair shop will patiently explain what is needed and why. Dont believe all the bullshit news stories, there are many,many good, honest repair shops across the country.

Google or Yelp is a good starting point. Ill give you a hint,if you read the reviews of a shop and the majority of complaints are about the pricing,its probably a good shop.

Only plebs and bottomfeeders complain about price......

(BTW I agree with 99 Civics assessment)
Old 08-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Post the pre-alignment and we'll tell you if you need it.

Oh wait.....
Old 08-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 09chaplak
Post the pre-alignment and we'll tell you if you need it.

Oh wait.....

yeah like i said, I didn’t get that until after, I only got the version that said failed :/
Old 08-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Like I said I don’t know much about alignments, for 65 bucks I’m not going to go around town asking every mechanic if I actually need something. That’s not having a lot of common sense.
LoL, your idea and my idea of common sense differ. Blindly paying for something,regardless of price,doesn't quite fall into my definition of it.....

I simply was apart of this forum and wanted to know if I really needed it out of pure curiosity.
Hope your curiosity has been sated by the answers given.