Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Honda Accord EX 2005 Fuel Pressure Regulator TSB

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 08:35 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Accord EX 2005 Fuel Pressure Regulator TSB

I tried using the site's search function, but maybe it's a mix of ignorance and being a member, the search system is really convoluted. My car has been experiencing random long starts. As of about a month ago there were zero issues, car is in otherwise good condition. I checked the battery, perfectly fine. I replaced the air filter, nothing changed. I looked online and read that the fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump might be an issue. There was a suggested solution/test that involved turning the car on, but not starting the engine, then leaving it on for a minute or two to let the pump run. I've been trying it and so far it's worked, which makes me think it is indeed the fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump. There seems to be a TSB for the fuel pressure regulator (TSB Ref: #01012005, NHTSA Ref: #10014743), but I can't find a way to access it without paying a decent amount of money. Does anyone have any info on the random long start issue, to confirm that it's the fuel pressure regulator? Otherwise, does anyone have a way to acquire the TSB for the fuel pressure regulator? Any help would be greatly appreciated.