Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Engine Code P0303 - 2007 Honda Accord EX

Old 02-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Trial User

Icon5 Engine Code P0303 - 2007 Honda Accord EX

Evening all - having some issues that I wanted to see if any guidance or thoughts on:

Facts
  • 2007 Honda Accord EX v6 (3.0 Liter)
  • Bolt on the Timing Belt Tensioner Pulley broke and left me stranded in tulsa
  • 160k miles
  • Bought the DAYCO timing belt kit (inclusive of water pump) from autozone
Issues
  • Have followed all of the instructions but seems like, after installation and a brief run, that the timing marks on each of the pulley's are off by about a 1/2 tooth or cog
  • We've played with it in multiple directions (trying to line up both cams but not the crank shaft) or vice versa
  • Seems like maybe the belt is too long but (i) its the kit that was associated with the car and (ii) it measured pretty damn close to the old belt
  • Idles ok, accelerates ok in current position (cams are lined up but the crank shaft is not in TDC (prob a 1/2 tooth off, retarded)
  • Throws off engine code P0303 in this position (again, cams lined up but crank shaft retarded by 1/2 tooth)
  • If the forward cam and crank shaft are in alignment (TDC) and the back cam is 1/2 advanced it thows lots of codes, including P0303
    • If 1/2 advanced on the crank, it seems to run more rough when in idle
Any thoughts? Should I be 1/2 retarded or 1/2 advanced? Is the belt too long? Change the Plugs?

Multiple datapoints that seem to be in conflict. Is this engine a non-interference engine or an interference?

Last edited by HondaNtexas; 02-09-2019 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Adding an Additional Question
Old 02-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Engine Code P0303 - 2007 Honda Accord EX

When the tensioner pulley broke off was the engine running? If now, did you try and crank the engine with the starter after the pulley broke? If either of those questions are a "yes", then it is like a 99.9% chance you have at least a few bent valves. Unless you're up to the task of yanking the heads and having them reconditioned, it is time for you to take your car to a professional to diagnose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: