Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Dumb AC Evaporator core question

Old 06-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb AC Evaporator core question

I've been having issues with my AC for the past 8 months. It used to always blow freezing cold air. It eventually started getting warmer and warmer. I took it in to have refrigerant put in bya friend who knew what he was doing and had all the tools to make sure it was charged . After about 2 months it started blowing hot air again. Refilled it with refrigerant with sealer and everything was good for about 3 weeks. Decided to have my mechanic check it out, explained everything and we put in refrigerant with UV dye to check for leaks. Put it in and ran the system, grabbed a black light and started checking all the visible connections. Couldn't find a single leak. He told me it could be the evaporator. So today I took apart my glove compartment and managed to get to the evaporator without breaking anything. Only problem I can't figure out how to get the evaporator out. I took out the screw that holds the suction line and receiver line bracket to the firewall but I don't know how to disconnect the lines.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dumb AC Evaporator core question

A year of the car would help.......some other minor details might help more (how many doors, number of cyl's).
Old 06-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by psymon1116
I've been having issues with my AC for the past 8 months. It used to always blow freezing cold air. It eventually started getting warmer and warmer. I took it in to have refrigerant put in bya friend who knew what he was doing and had all the tools to make sure it was charged . After about 2 months it started blowing hot air again. Refilled it with refrigerant with sealer and everything was good for about 3 weeks. Decided to have my mechanic check it out, explained everything and we put in refrigerant with UV dye to check for leaks. Put it in and ran the system, grabbed a black light and started checking all the visible connections. Couldn't find a single leak. He told me it could be the evaporator. So today I took apart my glove compartment and managed to get to the evaporator without breaking anything. Only problem I can't figure out how to get the evaporator out. I took out the screw that holds the suction line and receiver line bracket to the firewall but I don't know how to disconnect the lines.
Sealant likely caused more damage than it fixed. Who knows what the original issue was,but you now have sealant in there and youre gonna have to replace everything to ever get this system working right.....
Old 06-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lost Again
A year of the car would help.......some other minor details might help more (how many doors, number of cyl's).

Sorry, 2003 Accord 4 cylinder coupe
Old 06-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not one to get into the BS - sorry that I'm stupid and just try to help.

So you removed the "bolt" under the hood that holds the two line to the evap - are you having issues getting those lines off the evap or something else?