Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Do BC Coilovers come with camber plates? Plus front camber options.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do BC Coilovers come with camber plates? Plus front camber options.

Their website says yes but the people selling on eBay say no. How do most of you guys adjust front camber on these bad boys? On my old car it was with camber plates and on my EK it was camber arms. I cant really seem to find anyone selling either of those options for my CM5 4 door. Maybe Im just blind or stupid. Haha. Im getting some Ingalls toe-camber arms for the rear but Im lost on the front.

I photoshopped what I want to do:

And Im thinking Im going to need some camber to run the 18x8.5 +20s I want. Gotta get the car up on stands to find out for sure.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mr. Dabolina; 03-11-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do BC Coilovers come with camber plates? Plus front camber options.

So apparently I cant read charts very well. They dont come with camber plates.

Is my only option for adjusting camber in the front adjustable ball joints or should I be able to reel it in with the factory adjustment?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Since nobody seems to have any answers. I dug around some more and havent really found anything besides some junk *** looking Megan UCAs. Supposedly I can reign the camber in with stock adjustment but I guess if need be Ill break out the engineering skills and get something made because I refuse to beat the **** out of the bottom of my shock towers.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skunk 2 TSX arms fit the accord. Use those since those are much better than OEM with different ball joints. They are slimmer and offer much more adjustment.

I have BC coilovers on my accord, and they are a superb set of coilovers, the best I have ever had experience with. You do get what you pay for, and these will not disappoint.

Since your desired set-up isnt very agressive, you probably wont need upper control arms at all really. Just roll and do a minor pull on the front fenders and you will be set. The arms would definitely make it easier, but the natural camber you get with the stock arms and a good drop is usually enough. I lowered mine about 2 inches which is not very much and Im right under 2* of front camber. The lower you go, the more camber you will get, and that will help fit those. I have 18x9 +38, which doesnt poke as much as yours, but once I lower it, they will not be flush but sunken in a bit.

Not many knowledgeable or big accord enthusiasts peruse this forum very much. I rarely am, but V6P and Drive Accord may be better to ask and recieve answers if your in a bind. Also many more pics of people set ups. Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot man. Im going to have to join on those other sites. Im a little clueless on newer Accords. Im glad to hear that about BC's. Theyre a bit more than Ive spent on suspension for any of my other cars.

Ive read some stuff about people having problems with the UCAs hitting the inside of the shock tower with an aggressive drop. Have you had that happen at all?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Dabolina
Thanks a lot man. Im going to have to join on those other sites. Im a little clueless on newer Accords. Im glad to hear that about BC's. Theyre a bit more than Ive spent on suspension for any of my other cars.

Ive read some stuff about people having problems with the UCAs hitting the inside of the shock tower with an aggressive drop. Have you had that happen at all?
At my height no, but these coilovers are pretty stiff and Im not slammed by any means. I know it is common but I have over an inch of room before it starts to hit. You have to be really low for it to cause problems.

My height for reference
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dandaman15/8561578338/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dandaman15/8346464013/

You will start to have problems if you plan to be at this height:

Ill be somewhere in between so I wont have to worry.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool. Thanks a lot. You have a great looking car. Jealous about the HPF lip. I cant find one for crap for mine.

Id like to be as low as the white one but its not gonna happen on my DD. I have to crawl over 4 speed bumps to get into work every morning.