Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Canít turn TPMS light off

Old 04-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Canít turn TPMS light off

Hey guys so Iím having an issue here. Thereís a TPMS light that I canít turn off. I have a 2008 Honda Accord ex and I traded my rims for other accord rims. Ever since I did that I now canít turn this light off even if I put air in the tires. It isnít the light that bothers me. Itís tje fact that I canít turn of VSA when I need too. This winter I got stuck about 3 times because I couldnít turn my VSA off. If anyone knows or has suggestions lmk thank you.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Canít turn TPMS light off

Were the previous TPMS sensors in each wheel swapped into the traded rims? If not, the TPMS control unit is not recognizing the TPMS sensors that were previously programmed.

Last edited by tech8; 04-13-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tech8 View Post
Were the previous TPMS sensors in each wheel swapped into the traded rims? If not, the PCM is not recognizing the TPMS sensors that were previously programmed.
no they werenít it was just a quick sale and I didnít think twice of it because I used to own older accords and never had this problem. Do I need to order something I can hook up to the car and maybe clear the code? I get if tpms is on you canít turn off VSA but damn Honda it ainít that serious lol
Old 04-13-2019, 03:07 PM
Global Moderator

If the exchanged rims you currently have on has TPMS sensors, you can go to a tire shop. They can get the car's TPMS control unit to learn the wheel sensor I.D.s.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought 2008 Accord Coupe used few months ago and the TPMS has been on even with the previous owner, so I do not know whether the current wheels are properly hooked up or not. Is there a way to check it myself?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: