Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

A/c mode control wont work

Old 05-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c mode control wont work

cant get it to go from the dash to the floor on a accord ex 05 with navigation system!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/c mode control wont work

Are you referring to the motor control that operates the actuator door? You should be able to remove the kick panel, disconnect the wire harness and remove 4- 10mm screws (most are phillips head as well, a stubby scewdriver gets at them easily), gently pull straight away, taking care not to bend the delicate actuator arm it connects to behind.

I've seen a few of these (mine included) go out, usually on the dual climate controlled models the driver side. The common failure is the gear teeth on the main input shred off, i.e., the gears bind- and usually make a clicking noise under the dash when the air control is engaged.

Dunno if you already knew all this, as a younger mechanic I'm learning as I go, so figure if I can save you a couple minutes hopefully it helped.

I think the going rate on majestic honda, etc is $43 or so for the unit.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by ryder_kid
Are you referring to the motor control that operates the actuator door? You should be able to remove the kick panel, disconnect the wire harness and remove 4- 10mm screws (most are phillips head as well, a stubby scewdriver gets at them easily), gently pull straight away, taking care not to bend the delicate actuator arm it connects to behind.

I've seen a few of these (mine included) go out, usually on the dual climate controlled models the driver side. The common failure is the gear teeth on the main input shred off, i.e., the gears bind- and usually make a clicking noise under the dash when the air control is engaged.

Dunno if you already knew all this, as a younger mechanic I'm learning as I go, so figure if I can save you a couple minutes hopefully it helped.

I think the going rate on majestic honda, etc is $43 or so for the unit.
yeah i think that is what im talkin about i took the center vent panel off and i could see a lil flap that controled the air flow of what way it went to dash or floor. so I'm guessing that i would have to remove the navigation system out to get to all that?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 AM
Trial User

my car has the same problem.
even though im okay with other cars, im new to honda. few questions. hope you dont mind.

1) is there any fuse for mode motor alone?
2) where is the exact location of mode motor ? driver side ? behind central consol panel ?
3) could you pls post some pics of the removal and mode motor itself ?
4) what is the part number for mode motor ?