Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

B Swap in EK, or Get 07 Accord V6 6-spd Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B Swap in EK, or Get 07 Accord V6 6-spd Manual?

:-) Topic match RonJ@HT??

Posted this once but it was closed cause the topic didnt match, hope this one works better... Thanks for the views and no comments.

Hey guys, i havnt been on here for, man its been a realy long time prob like 2 years, anyways I have a bone stock silver 2000 EK Civic (manual of course) back at home (im stationed in Okinawa Japan with the Marine corps right now)

not real interested into modding the body or cosmetically other than the rims, so it would be a "sleeper" as much as it could

What i want to do is put a fully build boosted b18c (not c5) with a LSD typeR tranny into my civic running hondata and do a 5lug/rear disc conversion, along with a full suspension (seriously full including uca and lca and rear brace and prob all new bushings (the car has almost 200K miles on it).

Anyways i dont know if i should do that (being here in Japan i could get the parts and ship them home to myself for cheap...)

But i also really love the 2007 Accord V6 6sp Manual....

So the Dilemma (Thank you @SilentEdge) is to keep the civic and mod it, or buy the newer, slightly more luxurious Accord, i have the money for either, but dont know what i would enjoy in the long run... any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

All the work would be done by myself, and yes i know what is involved, i have done two b18 swaps into eks before, as well as i worked for Acura as a tech for a year before joining the Corps... Im over here for another 2 years so i have time to do all this, just kinda stumped on what to do.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Someone doesnt like the US Military

haha figured the topic would get peoples attention, well see how well it works.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:43 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Someone doesnt like the US Military

Go with the Accord if you can afford it.

I don't think RonJ has a problem with the US Military, he has a problem with garbage thread titles. As do many users like myself.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: B Swap in EK, or Get 07 Accord V6 6-spd Manual?

Title edited to actually reflect subject matter. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but the title with "Someone doesn't like US Military" is inflammatory and confusing since it had nothing to do with the topic's content.

Back to the actual subject at hand:

Your two choices could not be any different.

The Civic would be a finicky daily driver with likely hard suspension, which could handle well, but not be too comfortable. It's probably be loud(er) than any stock car it's being compared to. A "fully built boosted" Honda is not the ideal daily driver. Then again maybe get more specific with "fully built" and tell us what sort of whp goals you have, etc. It could be "fully built" and only run 8psi in which case I'd say it would be reliable.

The '07 Accord V6 6-speed manual?

Smooth. Reliable. Quiet. Comfortable. Refined. Everything a boosted EK is not. Then again it would also be much slower, and not handle as well as a well-executed boosted EK.

It's oil and water from my point of view.

Which one do you want?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B Swap in EK, or Get 07 Accord V6 6-spd Manual?

HAHA Thank you B18c5-EH2, that was a much better solution than locking the thread. I appreciate you.

back to the topic at hand... (ditto)

I would also in the long run mod the Accord which i turn could be faster than the boosted B18 right? i think the problem im running into is i dont have a whole lot of knownlage on aftermarket performance parts for the accord, and i have a wealth of knowlage about the civic... Now that i think about it, it looks as if i need to go to the accord forum and research more about the performance abilities once modded... lol huh looks like im in the wrong forum now doesnt it... see this was an eye opener thought. i was able to work some thoughts out... (i know i spelt things wrong, im in a hurry.)