Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Anyone hardwire in a Bluetooth

Old 04-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hardwire in a Bluetooth

I'm considering putting a bluetooth in my 2003 accord--seems like the Parrot brand (3000 model is what I was looking at) has a harness that connects to the Honda factory radio.

The problem is the microphone is wired, so I'd have to hide the wire from the stereo up to where the sunglasses place is which is where the microphone should sit to get good sound. Has anyone done this? I have no idea how big a project this is or if it is even possible.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:11 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Anyone hardwire in a Bluetooth (brymerica)

I have a Parrot CK 3100.

You're going to have to remove a lot of parts of the dash to get it to wire, and you should make sure you've ordered a plug in harness, too.

Mine is set up so that the screen is on the left side of the dash, and the wire just has to run into the panel on the left side of the dash. The microphone is set up on the steering wheel console, pointed at the driver.

You're going to be annoyed at what you have to do to get the radio out.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone hardwire in a Bluetooth (George Knighton)

Thanks for the thoughts.

I had to take the radio out to install an ipod adapter, so I know it isn't an easy task (much easier on my wife's 99 Accord).

I was hoping to run the microphone to the roof console area where the light/sunglasses holder is. There appears to be an area that has several "holes" in it, I think it is the sensor for the small light that comes on at night that illuminates the shift. Any experience with that? Or is that not worth that hassle. .

The alternative is to have crutchfield run the mic wire to that area for 150 bucks.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:03 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Anyone hardwire in a Bluetooth (brymerica)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brymerica &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The alternative is to have crutchfield run the mic wire to that area for 150 bucks.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
To be honest, I would definitely recommend that you pay somebody else to go through the headache. :-)

I would never do it again.