Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Airbag indicator light

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Airbag indicator light

Hello,
This summer I had a motor replaced in my a/c because my a/c had been blowing HOT air even when the temperature was turned to the lowest setting and the a/c was on full blast. After having the motor replaced, my airbag indicator light comes on randomly; not constantly but often enough that I am now concerned about it. My worry is that the airbag will suddenly deploy w/out reason while I am driving. Is this a valid concern? Or is it more likely that the airbags will not deploy in the event of an accident?

I realize that I should probably take it in an get it fixed, but I have already sunk about $1000.00 in to my car in the last 3-4 months and I am a single mom on a limited income and trying to pay off my other car repair bills before I create more. I am also thinking that I have an electrical problem because my interior lights no longer come on automatically when I open the driver or passenger front doors. The back light still comes on. Also the front 2 come on if I turn them on. Also, sometimes my driver's side automatic window does not fully close. It will go 1/2 way up and then back down. Then it will go almost all the way up and then back down. Sometimes it takes 3-4 tries before it goes all the way up. I know, I could just hold the button to make it close, but it has become a test now to see how many times I have to try before the automatic window will close.

Anyway, the image below is what the airbag light looks like when it comes on. There's no rhyme or reason as to when it comes on. Sometimes I can be parked with the engine running. Sometimes I can be on my commute to work. Any feedback is appreciated.