Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Air Conditoner cooling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditoner cooling Problem

Hello

i have a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6 4 Door Sedan and that when i go to start it in the mornings. And Turn on the Air Conditioner The air is cold but when i let idle for 2 to 3 mintues it starts getting warm to a hot. I also notice that both the Condenser fan And Radiator fan shut off. Then when i raise the Throttle up to 1,500 RPMs. The fans come back on and it starts getting cold again. Also when i drive the car its gets super cold. then when im at the light
its starts to hot again. i have checked the hi line and is warm and have checked the low line and is cold. so i know the system charge is ok. So im thinking it could be the relay. which is locatied in the small relay cover right next to the main Relay/Fuse box. But im not exactly sure Has anyone else had this problem with Their Accord?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Air Conditoner cooling Problem

You are probably undercharged, remove the refrigerant and recharge to specification, and check for and repair leaks. Hot and cold is good, but if there isn't enough refrigerant, the low side pressure will get too low, and force the system off. The system will function better when moving due to extra airflow over the condenser. The system may cycle on you, but you may not notice it while you are moving.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Air Conditoner cooling Problem

I know this is a old post but the Climate Control problem that I was having. Was I think due to a low idle. And was unaware of the low idle tell I had a DTC code for it. But after I scanned for the DTC code It give the code P0506 idle lower then expected. so I checked the Throttle Body to see if it was dirty or damaged turns out it was dirty. But also I understood that it requires the HDS (MVCI) to do a throttle Position Check TPS sensor check. so I ended having the Dealership do it because I didn't have the HDS. I know a lot more then I ever could about my Accord because I have the Factory service Manual. my guess is that the PCM/ECM would sense that the idle was low. And that running with the AC on put extra load on the engine possibly enough to cause the Engine. to have the idle even lower so my theory is it would shut off the Compressor clutch. To keep the engine from stalling again this it's my theory. If it did or was doing that it would make it even more Complex then the system all ready is. Interesting story on how I inherited my Accord but I guess I have to tell that story at a later time. Anyway just though I would report on how I fixed or how my Dual zone Automatic Climate control system was fixed. And now enjoying cold 40F degree air in 100F degree weather.