planning to get these for my 06accord coupe

http://www.trackwerks.com/Function_F...p/ff1-ac03.htm

lemme know

Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: advice on suspension 06 Accord coupe 4cyl

Never heard of that brand.

I'm willing to buy a no-name knock off light bulb. I would not trust it on suspension parts. If I can't afford it, I would rather wait a month of two for a name brand tens of thousands of people are riding on today.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
Never heard of that brand.

I'm willing to buy a no-name knock off light bulb. I would not trust it on suspension parts. If I can't afford it, I would rather wait a month of two for a name brand tens of thousands of people are riding on today.
^^ serious?

they are a great brand OP. it will be the first major modification i do to my 03' 6 speed.

they have different grades of coilovers just like any other company..

Function and Form is not a "no name brand" company.. its just exclusive to a small amount of car makes/models . its a pretty well-kept secret to the cars they produce them for also. i only learned of them about 2 years ago.
their company is heavily biased towards Honda/Acura applications. i wouldnt worry one bit about longevity or quality.

and their FF2 type ones cant be beaten on price and adjustability...

i drove a 2nd Gen TL before my accord and prelude... and once these coilovers were found out about in the TL community, people stopped buying other brands almost all together.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
^^ serious?

they are a great brand OP. it will be the first major modification i do to my 03' 6 speed.

they have different grades of coilovers just like any other company..

Function and Form is not a "no name brand" company.. its just exclusive to a small amount of car makes/models . its a pretty well-kept secret to the cars they produce them for also. i only learned of them about 2 years ago.
their company is heavily biased towards Honda/Acura applications. i wouldnt worry one bit about longevity or quality.

and their FF2 type ones cant be beaten on price and adjustability...

i drove a 2nd Gen TL before my accord and prelude... and once these coilovers were found out about in the TL community, people stopped buying other brands almost all together.
I didn't know that. Learn something new today.

So why are they "cheap?" It seems like a good deal.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well the type ones are their base model coilovers...

you have a fixed dampening/spring rate. basically you have control over your ride height.

We Recommend the Type One product line for anybody that wants to enjoy performance, quality and great looks in a simplistic way. Install, set your height, and you are ready to roll...!
if want full adjustability over dampening, spring rates, camber etc... you'll need to shoot for their type 2's or 2.5's. which have prices comparable to the big boys
Old 02-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think the type 1's should do the trick .. not gonna be tracking the car so.. it's mainly for appearance.. just got my accord tinted (night hawk black pearl) and black tint.. and getting the tails lamin X'd (tint) can't wait to see it lowered .. gonna look amazing forsure! now to find an HFP lip kit :D
Old 02-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also, buy from one of their recognized dealers... dont pay more than $630 shipped for the type ones.

here is the list of them.

http://www.f2autolife.com/dealers
Old 02-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea Trackwerks here in Ottawa,Canada is listed.. that's good ... any idea about getting an HFP lipkit?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

handaccessories.com

hondapartsdeals.com

or your local dealer
Old 02-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FF's shocks are not that great

Koni + spring of choice
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Whats Up DOHC
FF's shocks are not that great

Koni + spring of choice
a good spring/shock setup can perform just as good or better Coils all day long.

but people mostly buy them for the adjustability... buying new springs everytime you want a different height isnt very cost effective..
Old 02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a good spring/shock setup can perform just as good or better Coils all day long.

but people mostly buy them for the adjustability... buying new springs everytime you want a different height isnt very cost effective..
I guarantee once people get a perfect stance they don't change it. I've had 4 cars w/coils on shocks and I never did. Plus in any case I'd rather have the car that rides nice & handles well than the one with the perfect stance & shitty ride. A lot of these fly by night coilover companies don't know anything about shocks, and it really shows in the ride.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so i'm debating going with Koni yellow shocks and neuspeed race springs.. 2.2FR and 2.0 in the rear.. any advice lol
Old 03-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Whats Up DOHC
I guarantee once people get a perfect stance they don't change it. I've had 4 cars w/coils on shocks and I never did. Plus in any case I'd rather have the car that rides nice & handles well than the one with the perfect stance & shitty ride. A lot of these fly by night coilover companies don't know anything about shocks, and it really shows in the ride.
are you really suggesting F&F has shitty products and materials?
i havent seen one complaint... my acura forum is starting to flood with these things... everyone is happy with them.

adjustability has to do with way more than having "the perfect stance" thats what coilover sleeves are for.

people adjust ride height/dampening settings depending on daily driving/track days.. summer/winter.. daily obstacles en route... etc.

come to think of it, i cant think of one advantage to owning springs/shocks over a quality set of coilovers... they preform less task
with less options..

a koni yellow/good spring combo will run you 6-800 bucks depending on springs...
QUALITY coilovers can be had for the same price.

the OP will buy what he wants, but suggesting that coilovers are made for "stance" is just not a correct statement...
Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you really suggesting F&F has shitty products and materials?
i havent seen one complaint... my acura forum is starting to flood with these things... everyone is happy with them.

adjustability has to do with way more than having "the perfect stance" thats what coilover sleeves are for.

people adjust ride height/dampening settings depending on daily driving/track days.. summer/winter.. daily obstacles en route... etc.

come to think of it, i cant think of one advantage to owning springs/shocks over a quality set of coilovers... they preform less task
with less options..

a koni yellow/good spring combo will run you 6-800 bucks depending on springs...
QUALITY coilovers can be had for the same price.

the OP will buy what he wants, but suggesting that coilovers are made for "stance" is just not a correct statement...
Naw F&Fs won't break in half or whatever. But compared to Koni Yellows, for the $$$, they're not at all worth it.

Plus I don't know if they make the Neuspeed Konis for 7th gens, but if they do then that's 5 steps of adjustability which should be enough for people. Plus there are many other people with shock/spring combos so you can see what combos look like.

If the perfect stanzzzzzzz to the 1/64th" is the top priority then by all means go w/something like F&F or K-Sport or w/e. But if ride + handling are the priority go w/Konis. **** you can even get them with GCs for a little more than what the Type IIs cost, and they are worth well more than the price jump
Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so I made up my mind.. going with F&F type 2's ... should be sweet .. so excited for summer now lol
Old 03-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

congrats, be sure to update when you get them installed.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any pics yet?