Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Honda Care Warranty - Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Honda Care Warranty - Help

Hello Everyone!

I have questions regarding the Honda Care warranty on Honda's Certified Pre-Owned vehicles for the 2008-2011 Honda Accords. I know that the price of this warranty varies depending on which dealership you buy it from. As per my understanding, the Honda Care covers a lot of the things the original 36,000 limited warranty covers, please let me know if this is right. More importantly I'd like to know at what point can this warranty be purchased on a CPO vehicle if at all, like before what point of mileage (i.e. before 30,000miles/50,000 miles). Any advice on this will be really helpful.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Honda Care Warranty - Help

It can be purchased any time.* I get offers now to purchase on both of my cars.

Without looking at the details, your CPO should have 12 month "bumper to bumper" and 100K powertrain (or something like that).

If warranty coverage is what you want, I would get it after your 12 month warranty is up. So Honda Care can "take over" when that expires.

You already know that price is negotiable, and also note that prices will change also depends on when you buy it.

Regardless, I would wait. If the car proves to be solid, and your life situation changes, you may not want it. Or maybe by then your concern is mainly with the powertrain, and you don't care if the CD player was to stop working. Your CPO 100K should have you covered.

* I think there is a max mileage, like 100K?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the response, well my main concern was I wasn't sure if there was a time limit on the when the Honda Care could be bought and if there was a max mileage requirement. Although I am assuming that with high mileage the cost will probably be higher but I could be wrong. I was trying to read up on what is covered through this warranty and I found a lot of stuff that wasn't covered on it. I am re-considering if it is even worth it, but it just might be after the 12 months just to be safe
Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.curryhondacare.com/faq.cfm

Here is a FAQ.

2009 or newer and must have less than 36K miles.

I get so many offers for warranty that I must have gotten it mixed up. And when the dealer sends me these offers, they don't know how many miles are on my cars. Example, my Odyssey is 2009 (qualify), but I actually have almost 50K miles (not qualify - but they don't know that).

I'm sure there are other warranty offers, they sell, if I really do want coverage.

Yes, price does go up if your car have more miles on the clock. It's an individual decision. From what I read, it has been a lifesaver for some, and some never need it.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info GoLowDrew. Unfortunately after looking into the website I came to realise that Honda Care warranty doesn't exist in Florida and cannot be purchased by another dealer if you are a Florida resident due to some laws which are meant to protect residents of the FL state but I guess its actually hurting them. It doesn't make sense especially since Toyota offers Toyota Care in Florida so I cannot seem to understand what law is preventing Honda from doing this.