Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

accord build quality?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accord build quality?

I am thinking of moving up from an 08 Civic SI to an Accord coupe V6 with manual. I have had quality problems with my Cicic, what's up with the Accord build quality?

Thanks,
Old 10-11-2010, 07:44 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: accord build quality?

Built by the same company under the same quality standards using many of the same materials and all of the same component suppliers. Designed sharing some of the same designers. Approved by the same bean counters and administrators.

In other words, they're pretty similar. I drive several examples of both on a daily basis.

Define "quality problems."

If you're expecting a Civic or Accord to wear like a Lexus, well that's just not going to happen and you need to lower your unrealistic expectations. Cheap cars are cheap for a reason. Expensive cars are expensive for a reason.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa250R
Built by the same company under the same quality standards using many of the same materials and all of the same component suppliers. Designed sharing some of the same designers. Approved by the same bean counters and administrators.

In other words, they're pretty similar. I drive several examples of both on a daily basis.

Define "quality problems."

If you're expecting a Civic or Accord to wear like a Lexus, well that's just not going to happen and you need to lower your unrealistic expectations. Cheap cars are cheap for a reason. Expensive cars are expensive for a reason.
your logic is flawed.

I would also like to see the definition of "quality problems"
Old 10-12-2010, 05:08 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

speaking honestly... anything built in Ohio is LESS THAN anything built in suzuka... that's just the way it is.

Expect similar quality
Old 10-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I own(ed) two Accords from Ohio. 06 and 10. I can see the difference is quality. I'm not talking about material choice or design. That's another thread.

The assembly and inspections made were much better on the 06. I would call that the most perfect Honda I have ever owned.

For the 10, I could not say the same thing. What am I talking about?

- More rattles.
- Higher tolerance for crappy materials.
- Interior pieces not aligned.
- Oil consumption.
- Low transmission fluid.

I will say it's probably a combo of Assembly, quality inspections at the plant, and pre-delivery at the dealership.

Did I just scare you away? Don't. I would still buy a Honda again. I've seen Perfection (may times) and it's just hard now to accept anything less.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I too also noticed the same problems with interior quality in my friends 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L. Its a little porker too needs a V6, the 4cyl just can't keep up.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Trial User

i wouldnt do that switch...your going to miss the nimbleness and the way the civic drives vs the accord. Yes the accord has gobs of torque....but also feels like a boat when driving compared to the SI...just curious but can you explain the issues you have had with your SI?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Trial User

The only thing I would say is the old Accords are better and higher quality than the new ones.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by markave
The only thing I would say is the old Accords are better and higher quality than the new ones.
Sadly, I agree. Could be just luck but I have had less total trouble (as in none) with my 92 with 370k on it vs the 06 6MT EX of my wife with 75k (failed VSA modulator, squeaking clutch pedal and fork, rattles, oil consumption). The high-strung 03 S2000 has given me no issues either. I have to admit, I am disappointed with the 06, it is not what I had come to expect from Honda. If you like the car I would buy it, but I do not think Honda can tout reliability like they used to be able to. So many automakers have moved forward, including the domestics, and they have gone backwards.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by conker
Sadly, I agree. Could be just luck but I have had less total trouble (as in none) with my 92 with 370k on it vs the 06 6MT EX of my wife with 75k (failed VSA modulator, squeaking clutch pedal and fork, rattles, oil consumption). The high-strung 03 S2000 has given me no issues either. I have to admit, I am disappointed with the 06, it is not what I had come to expect from Honda. If you like the car I would buy it, but I do not think Honda can tout reliability like they used to be able to. So many automakers have moved forward, including the domestics, and they have gone backwards.
Man I could not agree more with you opinion with newer hondas...I know a lot of people having issues with completely stock daily drivers that make no sense...Going backwards yes they are...Fitting in for a company like honda is not a good thing...