Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Accord 2010- loud rattle cold start

Old 04-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Accord 2010- loud rattle cold start

Hello,

I get this loud rattle when I start my car but only on the first start. When I called a Honda dealership a few years ago I was told by their tech that my Accord had a defective part, I believe the actuator is what he said, and that I didn't have to replace the part. The tech stated the defective part would not impact the long term health of my engine. I was a low on money so I didn't bother following up. The vehicle continues to run fine but when I was googling the issue the other day someone else stated the problem could cause an engine failure.

I took the Accord to a local mechanic, not Honda, and he didn't see anything wrong with the starter or actuator but I'm not sure if he really looked. Also, he may have had a problem duplicating the sound since it wasn't a cold start.

I really need advice and I'm low on money. Do I need to replace the Actuator or was the first Honda tech correct?

Thank you!
Old 04-08-2019, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Accord 2010- loud rattle cold start

Considering that the first tech told you, a few years ago, that it wouldn't be a problem,he was probably right.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: