Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

ABS ?'s / codes given

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS ?'s / codes given

2005 Honda Accord 2.4 EX

My wife just recently noticed her "BRAKE" light would light up after stopping at a stop sign or redlight and stay on a few seconds and go back out. I drove it around the block and it comes on after you start off from the stop and goes off aftedr a few seconds, the ABS light has not been on that I know of.. My dad has a Innova obd2 reader thats also reads ABS, The codes given were 61-01 and 31-01.

He cleared the codes the other day but the light is still coming on, havent had a chance to check codes again but will this weekend.. Ive tried to research some but havent found any useful or much info on these..

In case any of this info is useful.. The brake fluid is at proper level, the E brake is off, I noticed one of the code descriptions said low power or something, the battery reads 12.7 before cranking, 13.7 after cranking..

Any advice on where to start with these codes is much appreciated..
Old 09-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ABS ?'s / codes given

Well I was gonna say low fluid sloshing the sensor, but that's covered.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any ideas on where or how to start troubleshooting these codes.. Or if they are serious, the car drives and stops just fine..
Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are these codes not common, Im not a big car person.. What little research Ive been able to do between work and dealing with Family stuff, I have not found much. And Ive had over 250 views here and no advice or anything..
I havent re checked the codes yet but I am gonna get the code reader tonight so I can check them again tomorrow night.. Any thoughts on this.. The light still comes on after starting off from a start and goes back off after a few seconds and it doesnt do it everytime..
Old 09-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, I got the code reader the other day and hooked it up last night, there were no codes this time after being cleared almost 2 weeks ago.. but the light is still coming on like it was, my wife said she noticed the BRAKE light stay on longer a few times in the last couple of days... is there anything I need to keep an eye on or check out that anyone may know of...

Any ifo is appreciated..
Old 09-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jgoinfishin1
ok, I got the code reader the other day and hooked it up last night, there were no codes this time after being cleared almost 2 weeks ago.. but the light is still coming on like it was, my wife said she noticed the BRAKE light stay on longer a few times in the last couple of days... is there anything I need to keep an eye on or check out that anyone may know of...

Any ifo is appreciated..
Check the battery and charging system.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The SRS codes have nothing to do with the brake light issue. The SRS codes you posted 31-01 is for driver side air bag and the other code 61-01 does not exist. If you cleared the SRS code and it has not returned there is more than likely not an issue.

Your brake light issue is the float being stuck in the brake master cylinder. You can try sucking the fluid out and adding fresh brake fluid until the fluid becomes clear. The new fluid might free up the float and let the sensor read it correctly again. If not you will need to replace the brake master cylinder.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Almighty-Si
The SRS codes have nothing to do with the brake light issue. The SRS codes you posted 31-01 is for driver side air bag and the other code 61-01 does not exist. If you cleared the SRS code and it has not returned there is more than likely not an issue.

Your brake light issue is the float being stuck in the brake master cylinder. You can try sucking the fluid out and adding fresh brake fluid until the fluid becomes clear. The new fluid might free up the float and let the sensor read it correctly again. If not you will need to replace the brake master cylinder.
These are not SRS codes, these are ABS codes
31-01 is Right front inlet solenoid malfunction and 61-01 is some kind of voltage malfunction cant remember exactly the code reader gave the code definition..
thanks for your input, I will check the float out today when i get off work..