Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

7th Gen Honda Accord V6 mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7th Gen Honda Accord V6 mods?

What kind of mods are there available for a V6??
If any, are there anything suggestive?

CAI or SRI?
Headers?
Exhaust?
ECU Management?
& so on??
Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 7th Gen Honda Accord V6 mods?

It all depends on how big your wallet is. From what you mentioned in your email to have this work done professionally with top parts can easily set you back 2 or 3 thousand dollars or more. Most people tend to start with either intake or exhause. I am not that big a believe of the CAI (Cold Air Intake) or SRI (Short Ram Intake) as the improvement will not even come close to what the manufactureres suggest you will get back in HP. Changing the exhaust should give you more HP than intake modification.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by littledragonlee
What kind of mods are there available for a V6??
If any, are there anything suggestive?

CAI or SRI?
Headers?
Exhaust?
ECU Management?
& so on??
Simple truth:

If you want a car faster than your V6 Accord, sell your car and buy a faster car (as in built that way from the factory, not modded); it will both cost you less and be more reliable.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Trial User

I installed both, exaust system and K&N long ram CAI, on my 2006 V6 accord. The difference is very obvious...more power and a super nice deep sound that turn heads everywere I go. Not a big investment and worth every penny. If you install the long ram cai, make shure you install the cai bypass valve to avoid the system to suck rain or flood water into egine.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Gilson
I installed both, exaust system and K&N long ram CAI, on my 2006 V6 accord. The difference is very obvious...more power and a super nice deep sound that turn heads everywere I go. Not a big investment and worth every penny. If you install the long ram cai, make shure you install the cai bypass valve to avoid the system to suck rain or flood water into egine.
The betting is that the difference those mods made to your car were more noise and psychological than actual performance gains. The fact is, Honda did a very good job in tuning the car right from the factory and intake and exhaust modifications typically only yield extra noise.

As for turning heads, that isn't necessarily a good thing.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by shipo
The betting is that the difference those mods made to your car were more noise and psychological than actual performance gains. The fact is, Honda did a very good job in tuning the car right from the factory and intake and exhaust modifications typically only yield extra noise.
Absolutely True! These intake modifications create more engine noise, partially because you are not utilizing the OEM intake baffle system and you will hear more intake noise inside the car. Most people relate this more noise to more power, but it isn't so. The OEM intake system is not restrictive and flows all the air your engine needs. These aftermarket intakes DO NOT flow more air to your engine. The manufacturers of these systems lie about the horsepower and torque and then people buy these products and due to feeling silly for purchasing these products, just tell everyone they have more HP due to the modification. That is called Buyer Remorse.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

everyone i know loves the sound of my magnaflow exhaust.. I agree with most of what they're saying the money you spend isn't for the power of it like it used to be.. the 04 ecu does a great job of doing only what it wants to lol.. My tein coilovers are my favorite and most noticeable feeling difference to the car. Still I love the sound of my intake and exhaust and consider it money well spent.. if i only got them for power; I wouldn't have gotten them

The only 'performance' mod so far where i actually notice a difference, is in the jpipe (mine is ATLP) I got. You can feel the difference, but what really sealed the deal was noticing that full throttle runs are stronger then before ex: tires used to always break loose between 1st and 2nd, and now also do it between 2nd and 3rd (after j pipe). bigger tires fixed that.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Intake and exhaust mods do yield significant results. Check out V6Performance.net, which has a lot more info that you are looking for. Depending on the intake you get, there is a sizeable increase you can get from stock. People are putting down 270hp and 220ft ib to the wheels with the right bolt ons. I just have a catback exhaust and short ram and dynod 227hp/ 198ftib. Most people dyno around 215hp/ 190 ftib with the stock 6 speed manual, so with my mods Im already +12hp and +10ft ib. My exhaust is just 2.5in too, people see much better gains with 3in exhaust and larger intake.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Simple truth:

If you want a car faster than your V6 Accord, sell your car and buy a faster car (as in built that way from the factory, not modded); it will both cost you less and be more reliable.
What a *****!!!!!!

Why do you reply to questions with such idiotic things?
Why not just read the post and say LOL damn ricers,click the back button and go work on a MINI VAN.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[/U]
Originally Posted by Crashmaster
Absolutely True! These intake modifications create more engine noise, partially because you are not utilizing the OEM intake baffle system and you will hear more intake noise inside the car. Most people relate this more noise to more power, but it isn't so. The OEM intake system is not restrictive and flows all the air your engine needs. These aftermarket intakes DO NOT flow more air to your engine. The manufacturers of these systems lie about the horsepower and torque and then people buy these products and due to feeling silly for purchasing these products, just tell everyone they have more HP due to the modification. That is called Buyer Remorse.
THIS GUY!!!

So turbos and superchargers are just for the pure sound of blow off valve and supercharger whine?

GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 10psiLsEf2
[/U]

THIS GUY!!!

So turbos and superchargers are just for the pure sound of blow off valve and supercharger whine?

GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think anyone is suggesting turbochargers and superchargers won't improved power numbers; the issue here is that we're talking about a V6 engine (an engine you didn't even know existed until a week or two ago), and there really isn't much room in the engine compartment for such additional hardware. Said another way, we're talking big money for these types of add-ons.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
i'm sorry but this is the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

MANY dyno results proving intakes do improve performance:

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/category/products

can't believe i'd ever have to justify something like this on a car website

to OP: yes there are some good mods for v6 accords, as someone else said v6performance.net is a good one and you might try http://www.driveaccord.net/ as well
Old 10-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think anyone is suggesting turbochargers and superchargers won't improved power numbers; the issue here is that we're talking about a V6 engine (an engine you didn't even know existed until a week or two ago), and there really isn't much room in the engine compartment for such additional hardware. Said another way, we're talking big money for these types of add-ons.
Op didnt say he was on a budget. theres plenty of room for a turbo with the right manifold and theres plenty of room for a supercharger in these accords.

If you can do a j series swap in a eg and have room to turbo the thing than there is deff room in a accord.

And get off that silly comment saying idk about v6 in hondas lol.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 10psiLsEf2
And get off that silly comment saying idk about v6 in hondas lol.
Truth hurts don't it.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Truth hurts don't it.
I don't understand why you feel the need to keep posting on this thread. You have offered NOTHING and clearly there is good information out there. Maybe the truth is YOU don't know jack about what you are talking about and should just sit back and LISTEN, or READ as it is.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, but you are quite wrong about this; there is nothing the OP can do for his car which will improve performance, short of very large dollars (i.e. supercharging or turbocharging).
Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, but you are quite wrong about this; there is nothing the OP can do for his car which will improve performance, short of very large dollars (i.e. supercharging or turbocharging).
You have no idea what your talking about...

Simple I/H/E and a good set of cams that will work well with the stock CR and a tune will have decent results performance wise. Wont break the bank either.

Plus you cant say much of what the op can or cant do when he hasnt even come back to say what his budget is. Stop assuming...cause you know what that makes you...
Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

An intake, header, and exhaust won't do diddly for the V6 engine, in fact, there is a good likelihood that such changes will dimish mid-range torque while providing a few extra ponies up near redline. Not exactly a good trade-off.

As for cams, do you actually know of a company which makes a higher performance aftermarket set of cams for the V6 engine? I've looked around a bit, and while I may have missed it, I have yet to see a single alternative to the factory cam.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is a proven fact that bolt on mods yield next to nothing unit the engine is TUNED...configuration of the engine doesnt matter...

delta and bisimoto has cams for the j-series...
Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL! Go take a tour of some of the other sites on the net, you might learn something. Plenty of dyno comparisons to prove otherwise.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94vtecmn
LOL! Go take a tour of some of the other sites on the net, you might learn something. Plenty of dyno comparisons to prove otherwise.
Yeah, plenty of dyno comparisons which show a few horse power up near redline (where most folks rarely venture), and a loss in the mid range. Like I said, not a good trade-off.

As for the cams; have you found someone who makes cams for the V6?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, plenty of dyno comparisons which show a few horse power up near redline (where most folks rarely venture), and a loss in the mid range. Like I said, not a good trade-off.

:l mao:

dude seriously your either trying to be a troll or i have NO IDEA why you are even on this website

if you don't believe in doing ANYTHING to cars because nothing adds performance whatsoever then why are you even here??????
Old 10-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Look at post 20 Mr. Naive....after your done doing that, do some reading so your educated.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Depending on the the motor you have TL-S cams are a good upgrade, so there is not much need for a reground stock cam like Bisi and Delta offer. If someone made a tuning software sute, it would unlock a ton of possibilities. Like I said, V6P has plenty of members in the 250-260 whp range with bolt ons, and some even higher. Its very possible to get power out of the newer J's. Its true, not much could be done to your crappy V6 in the 01's and earlier but newer ones respond very well to mods. The stock exhaust has 3 cats, 2 mufflers, and 2 resonators. Its also puny in size, your telling me theres no chance to see any significant gains by removing some of those and putting in a larger, better flowing exhuast? The XLR8 Jpipe added 20+ ftib of torque in the midrange (2500-5000) alone on an Acura TL. Not to mention an increase of 10-15 whp across the entire rev range.

Do more research Shipo, because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen Honda Accord V6 mods?