Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

6th gen accord Navi unit completely failing

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6th gen accord Navi unit completely failing

Hello fellow Honda owners. I used to be a member but forgot my account. The EG and EK days

Anyways I have a stock 06 Accord, fully loaded i4 with a manual. Runs great but lots of electrical issues seem to be popping up. The navi unit has been intermittently failing for a new months, until it failed completely. I was wondering if anyone had a simliar problem or ideas - any help is greatly appreciated.

It started to only turn sometimes, then less and less. Now it doesn't work at all. Sometimes the navi "warning" turns on for 2 seconds, but the screen is frozen and I can't do anything anyways. It's black 99% of the time. I don't even care about the navi but now I can't access my climate control thing and can only use it on auto (which I hate because it always runs A/C, I have no way to turn it off). If it's the actual huge unit at the front I'm pretty fucked right? Not too likely to find a used one as not to many got the navi. (Actually, can I switch to the non-navi unit if it comes to that?)

Not sure if related, but at around the same one my auxiliary stopped working. (Those aftermarket ones you buy and plug in to the back of the unit and you connect phone via headphone jack which plays when in AUX mode) Played normally, then would go to like 10% volume and stay like that. Then it just stopped working.

Oh and since last week, I can't close a popped sunroof by pushing the sunroof forward button anymore. I have to do the sunroof back button so it pops down and starts opening, then use the forward button to close it. I happen to use the popped feature like 95% of the time I drive, isn't it also kind of a weird thing to happen? You would think the sunroof mechanism would fully go instead of just one button not doing what it's supposed to in a certain situation.

I don't even know what to think. It's at like 185 miles so it's not worth it to bring to a shop. I would like to DIY but don't know where to start. If it was a piece of junk I'd get rid of it but engine and interior are mint, synthetic since day 1, doesn't burn (much) oil...

Anyways, thanks for reading