Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2011 ACCORD TRANSMISSION (2.4L) HELP!

Old 05-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Trial User

Default 2011 ACCORD TRANSMISSION (2.4L) HELP!

I am really stumped and need all the help and tips i can get. I have a 2011 Accord 2.4L, a couple months ago while driving i hit a puddle and my car sucked up water. It ended up seizing the engine so i swapped it out for another used Engine. Well i swapped to engine myself and got everything running (i have done several Hondas in the past so it was not a first). HERE IS THE PROBLEM! I started the car and it runs Great. I went for a drive and noticed my car will not go into 4th gear(no problems 1st-3rd and NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT). So i came back, checked fluid(level is Perfect), made sure i wasnt leaking fluid(No Leaks) and made sure all solenoids and sensors we connected(All conections are Good AND STILL NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT). I go to back out of the driveway and noticed my car will not engage in reverse. I played with she shifter and still no reverse. I put the shifter back in reverse and pressed on the accelerator slightly and the transmission seemed to slightly engage in Reverse, but not completely( NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT). I never had any previous issues with the transmission, was running great before the engine got water. So i parked the car and did some research. I ended reading up on similar problems with hondas due to bad Shift Solenoids. So i took them off, checked them by applying 12v (they clicked and did not sound weak) and did a resistance test) around 16ohms and Continuity test. I also cleaned out all the sleeves. I put the Solenoids back in and still have the same problems. So i decided to hook up the Scan tool to check for codes. Well 8 codes came up but they Are all pending codes. Here are the codes:

P0102 -Mass Air Flow (MAF) circuit is low
P0113-Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor
P0118-The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
P2649-Arm Oil Control Solenoid Circuit High Voltage
P0974-Shift Solenoid A Control Circuit High
P0977-Shift Solenoid B Control Circuit High
P0980-Shift Solenoid C Control Circuit High
P0983-Shift Solenoid D Control Circuit High

Again, these are all pending codes with no engine light on. So just to verify the engine light is working i started the car and disconnected a shift Solenoid and the engine light came on right away! So i left the car on, cleared the code. Engine light turned off and i did another scan, all the same pending codes were still there.

So here are my questions,
1)should i replace all the Shift Solenoids even if i have tested them and all seem to be working ?
2) could it be a TCM issue?
3)could a speed sensor cause these symptoms
4) anything else i should try?

I know its a lot to read but any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling its something minor and not major due to the fact the transmission was running great prior to swapping the engine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: