Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2010 Accord J35Z3 swap into 7th gen?

Old 09-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 2010 Accord J35Z3 swap into 7th gen?

Hi all,

I am doing some research but not having much luck finding any solid information on my swap project.

I just picked up a 2003 6-spd V6 coupe. The previous owner blew the clutch on it and a neighbor offered to help replace it. Well, after diving into the job, he found out how hard it is and gave up. He left the car in a major state of disrepair. It needs several things done to it so I figured now is the best time to replace the whole engine and install a better one.

If you have InstaGram, check it out at leftfordeadcars

I found a local 2010 6-spd swap locally. He has the whole drivetrain. Engine, trans, ECU, and wire harness available.

Based on my research, I found one person who said one of the sensors on the J35Z3 is in a different location than the ones found on the J30A4/J30A5/J35A8. The J35Z3 and J35A8 seem to be pretty similar but with a few differences. I don't put too much stock in the HP numbers Honda claims for their engines but the J35Z3 is reported to have 271 hp 10.0:1 compression ratio and the J35A8 286 hp 11.0:1 compression ratio. Based on those differences, I am assuming the cams and pistons are the main difference. Maybe even the valve sizes.

I am hoping if I have the 2010 J35Z3 engine harness as well, this will solve all of the problems. So my question is, if I have the whole swap, will everything bolt up and wire up plug-and-play? Do the engine harnesses match up perfectly?

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-16-2018, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2010 Accord J35Z3 swap into 7th gen?

If you can find the 2010 accord wiring info, I can help. Iíve got all the wiring info for the 2003-2007 accords.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: