Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2008 accord V6 3.5L

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 accord V6 3.5L

im thinking of buying 2008 accord V6 3.5L but this car has lots of KM, so my question to you guys or girls, would any J motor will fit this car , like a 2005 TL or even a MDX, because i have these motors laying around, wanted to know if it a striaght bolt on with maybe some sensor that had to be modified? and the other question is that what are the common problem with these accords? just wanted to do some research b4 i buy.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 2008 accord V6 3.5L

Originally Posted by OHHYEAH
im thinking of buying 2008 accord V6 3.5L but this car has lots of KM, so my question to you guys or girls, would any J motor will fit this car , like a 2005 TL or even a MDX, because i have these motors laying around, wanted to know if it a striaght bolt on with maybe some sensor that had to be modified? and the other question is that what are the common problem with these accords? just wanted to do some research b4 i buy.
Don't know. I'll assume you are talking about V6 AT?

But I'll point this out. The Acuras (TL and MDX?) don't have VCM. So right off the bat, it will create challenges on the electronics.

As for the problems, the J35 V6 engines are solid. Some owners point out oil consumption. And the related issues with the VCM which leads to the oil consumption. Honda does have a TSB that tone down on when the VCM kicks in for those who are having issues.

But yet, I know many Honda Odyssey guys with tons of miles on their engines with VCM and no issues.

So just pointing it out. The engine is pretty much anyone would expect from a Honda.

Since you know Hondas, I'll assume you know about Honda AT from the past, right?

The 08+ Accords did start to use a 4 shaft version (of the same AT). I guess that suppose to be better. I have read two or three issues with the "newer" AT. But that's to be expected with any production car. So far, I have not heard much like the older Honda ATs.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
Don't know. I'll assume you are talking about V6 AT?

But I'll point this out. The Acuras (TL and MDX?) don't have VCM. So right off the bat, it will create challenges on the electronics.

As for the problems, the J35 V6 engines are solid. Some owners point out oil consumption. And the related issues with the VCM which leads to the oil consumption. Honda does have a TSB that tone down on when the VCM kicks in for those who are having issues.

But yet, I know many Honda Odyssey guys with tons of miles on their engines with VCM and no issues.

So just pointing it out. The engine is pretty much anyone would expect from a Honda.

Since you know Hondas, I'll assume you know about Honda AT from the past, right?

The 08+ Accords did start to use a 4 shaft version (of the same AT). I guess that suppose to be better. I have read two or three issues with the "newer" AT. But that's to be expected with any production car. So far, I have not heard much like the older Honda ATs.
ive owned 03 CLS and type r and civics but never a accord with a Variable Cylinder Management(VCM), sound alot of problems in the future$$$$$$$
Old 07-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Variable Cylinder Management.

It shuts the V6 down to 4 cylinders and then 3 cylinders at cruising speeds.