Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2008 Accord - couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Accord - couple of questions

Looking into possibly selling/trading my 2001 Toyota Tacoma DC for a new Accord Coupe. For MPG purposes, I think I will stick with the 4-cylinder 5-speed (though the V6 6-sp would be tons of fun...) and in LX-S or EX trim. I would also pick up a set of the V6 18" wheels, unless I find out that MPG's will be drastically affected by it.

Question 1) I've always liked the factory body kits. But not a big fan of the side skirts or the rear lip. Do you think it would look odd to just add on the front lip only? Can't seem to find a picture of this or a car equipped like this at the dealership.

Question 2) Ok, this is tough. Just state your personal opinions. Am I going to kick myself for not getting the V6 6-sp? I *can* afford it, but the extra cost and less MPG of the V6 steers me away. I know it would be tons of fun, though. Once again, I know this is personal preferance, but just post what you would do.

I have yet to test drive any of them. My Honda dealerships do have the autos in both trims, but the salesman said they do not have any V6 manuals in. The I4 5-sp, they are going to get back to me after they check on their inventory.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:57 PM

Default Re: 2008 Accord - couple of questions (p nut)

P Nut, for the picture of just the front lip on the coupe you can go to honda.com and build your own honda. From there just click what options you want and it'll show you. It's not really the best picture but it'll give you an idea. As for which model you want to get it really matters what's important to you but I ended up going with the LX-S model due the cheaper price tag and better gas mileage. There's a lot of standard equipment the V6 model comes with that I envy but it wasn't worth the price and gas to me. Hope that helps.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks leeleee. Yeah, I did the whole "build your Honda", but like you said, not the best picture. And I'm with you on the MPG figures and the heftier price tag of the V6. I don't think it will be worth it for me.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:21 PM

Default Re: 2008 Accord - couple of questions (p nut)

go with what you want... the last thing you want is buyers remorse

funny, i went from a 99' Tacoma to the V6 Coupe... i test drove both the AT I4 and the V6, and it was no question. i was in the same boat as you, before actually driving the cars, i wanted an EX-L 4cyl w/ a 5 spd MT... mostly for gas and to row my own gears... after REALLY thinking about it, an AT was more practical for me at this point because im driving in LA freeway traffic a few days out of the week now which was not fun in my MT 4x4 Tacoma, not to mention the 15-17mpg if i was lucky... getting back to the Accord, the 4cyl has plenty pep but you can tell it needs a MT to really hold gears and get the best performance for accelerating. with the V6 on the other hand, the AT is perfectly fine because there's enough motor behind it. sure, the 6spd would have been fun, but after i thought about what i'd really want for a daily driver, the V6 AT was the obvious choice... plus im planning on keeping all parts of the engine/drivetrain stock. if/when i want a real sports car, i'll buy a used one for mod's and hard driving and the Accord will be my hauler (single, 29 year old ) FYI im averaging 23 mpg... 25+ mpg on the highway driving 75+ mph
Old 06-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh, if I had to sit through any kind of traffic, I'd go with AT for sure. However, I hardly ever run into traffic, and if I do, it's at most 10-15 minutes before it clears. Therefore, MT will be in order. I wish I could find one of each to test drive back to back. But for now, I think I'm leaning towards the K24 for the economy and maybe more tuner-friendly value in the future (?).