Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2007 Honda Accord windows/door locks concern

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Honda Accord windows/door locks concern

I am a Volkswagen/Audi technican and my expertise is limited to this concern. I am looking for Honda Technicians out there that know about any TSB's about this concern before I replace the master window switch. But if anyone else on this forum has had this concern before, feel free to comment.

Concern: The master power window switch is inoperative and door locks do not work with switch, only the passenger door lock switch functions. The key fob does not operate as well.

What I have done so far: Checked fuses, found fuses to be ok. Checked wiring and connectors, found to be ok. Re-programmed key fob.

What I ruled out: Window regulator, door lock actuator, fuses, wiring, window basic settings, and connectors.

I do not have All Data or access to wiring diagrams so I do not know whether or not the door lock switch and master window switch are on the same circuit and that the passenger switch may be on its own.

Found this thread, but does not apply. (for those of you who ask if i searched)
https://honda-tech.com/honda-accord-...-down-3037173/

Thanks in advanced.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll check it out in the morning and try and get you a pic from our etm
Old 11-23-2014, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a common problem with accords. I am really surprised there has not been a recall to fix the master switch. Keep digging in old threads. There are a few guys in here that knew how to solve without replacing master switch. The diagrams are posted in the thread.

Best of luck.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: 2007 Honda Accord windows/door locks concern

Originally Posted by Eibach95Civic
This is a common problem with accords. I am really surprised there has not been a recall to fix the master switch. Keep digging in old threads. There are a few guys in here that knew how to solve without replacing master switch. The diagrams are posted in the thread.

Best of luck.
I am unaware of the Master switch being a common problem. Have any links?
Old 11-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: 2007 Honda Accord windows/door locks concern

Originally Posted by SoL_ger
I am a Volkswagen/Audi technican and my expertise is limited to this concern. I am looking for Honda Technicians out there that know about any TSB's about this concern before I replace the master window switch. But if anyone else on this forum has had this concern before, feel free to comment.

Concern: The master power window switch is inoperative and door locks do not work with switch, only the passenger door lock switch functions. The key fob does not operate as well.

What I have done so far: Checked fuses, found fuses to be ok. Checked wiring and connectors, found to be ok. Re-programmed key fob.

What I ruled out: Window regulator, door lock actuator, fuses, wiring, window basic settings, and connectors.

I do not have All Data or access to wiring diagrams so I do not know whether or not the door lock switch and master window switch are on the same circuit and that the passenger switch may be on its own.

Found this thread, but does not apply. (for those of you who ask if i searched)
https://honda-tech.com/honda-accord-...-down-3037173/

Thanks in advanced.
The master switch is a module on the CAN network. In my experience,the culprit is usually the Multiplex Control Unit(interior fuse box) You can get All Data DIY for like 30 bucks per vehicle, in order to verify the actual fault....