Old 04-15-2014, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 honda accord ac doesn't work

Honda AC problem
Car: 2007 4 door, EX model v6 cylinder. It has dual climate control
Mileage: 145,000 ish
Issue: AC doesn’t blow cold air.

Started last year (beginning of summer 2013). Air was blowing fine, but driver side was warmer. Passenger side was much cooler and it worked great. After work on the freeway, I will turn the temp to the lowest. Still there was about 10 degree difference. By the end of the summer (Aug), I had the refrigerant re-charged (freon), it worked great, and both side of the vent were cold. But, it only worked well for 2-3 months. By December, both sides were not blowing cold air.

I took it in to the dealer and they said they checked everything. Charge OK and compressor is OK. And stated that I need a new electronic console. It’s the electronic controller that is not working. The part is 39183-SDA-L31ZA CONT *NH4. It cost $3000! I said I’ll think about it.

I took it to another shop. Just by favor, he spent few minutes on diagnostic. He stated that compressor isn’t coming on. Open the fuse box and no obvious flown fuse (just visual check). He recommended I do more research before paying him for full diagnostics.

The climate control seems to work. In the morning (cold), I'll turn on the dual climate control, and switch the temperature difference between the driver and passenger. I'll turn one side high (hot) and another side cold. and then vice versa. It works just on getting the hot air. If I were to do this at noon (hot), I can't get the cold temperature either side.

Another thing I can hear. When AC is suppose to be ON, I can hear low rhythmic sound. When I turn off the AC (by pushing the AC button and display show AC OFF), I don’t hear the sound. The sound is gurrr or may be kitten purring. About 2-3 second interval. NOISE LEVEL: I can only hear the sound when the car is stopped, when i'm driving, I can't here it: the ambient noise like wind and general tire-on-road noises are louder.

FYI, other electronic control on console is OK. Radio is fine, different fan speeds is fine, it will blow hot air if weather is cold. The battery is Ok. I had it replace about a year ago. Lights on the dash boards are all OK (no dimming or anything like that). And, I had it checked again by the dealer, and the battery was Okay.

I've read other posts about relay, blower motor transister, blower resistor, etc. I'm not sure exactly which terminology is correct for my 2007 accord.

Appreciate any advice. Thank you,

I appreciate any advice
Old 04-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Could be your ac compressor is not coming on. This could be from a bad relay, coil or control panel. If your freon level is fine, one of these is not working properly. Check to see if the compressor clutch is kicking on or off.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 honda accord ac doesn't work

Hello,

Update: I replaced the AC compressor relay. It still didn't work. Is there another AC related relay? FYI, the blower works fine. low to high speed is OK, so I didn't replace the relays related to blower.

I'll check into the AC compressor over this weekend.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It could be your compressor coil went out. If you jumper the two pins (which I two I can't remember off the top of my head) where your ac relay was you should hear the compressor kick on, basically your bypassing your ac control panel. I wouldn't do this unless you know which two to jump because you could backfeed the ecu and damage it. I could tell you on Monday which two. Or you could stick a long thin screwdriver down by the compressor by the clutch side and see if you feel the screwdriver being pulled in. If your coil is working your driver will feel a magnetic pull indicating it's working.
Or if you can see lots of what looks to be melted black plastic around the compressor clutch that indicates the coil has gone.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: 2007 honda accord ac doesn't work

Welp, it was finally fixed. But, it’s a long story. So I took it to the 3rd auto mechanic, and they found out it’s nothing to do with AC controller. The Receiver dryer bag exploded or into pieces and got into the rest of the system. At first they notice the Freon was gone, so they recharged it. Since it was leaking, they pin pointed to relief valve on the compressor was blown. Relief valve was replaced. I believe they replaced the condenser with came with receiver /dryer and accumulator…. It worked OK for few days, but it stopped working.

So I took it back. They replace the expansion valve and evaporator core. It worked much better. But, I’ve told them it’s not 100% fixed. When the AC is working I can have the AC at the coldest and I’ll be freezing. But, it didn’t. So we replace the compressor. Once again it worked ok.

But I’ve noticed there is hessing or whistling noise from AC. It’s about 1 min interval. There was one of the part that wasn’t not OEM part. Apparently Honda had a service bulletin about customer complaining the hessing or whistling noise. You have to buy this part number with specific date code or serial number (higher serial number). That was replaced and it finally worked... perfectly.

After all said and done, I pretty much replaced the entire AC parts except for the lines. It cost just as much as the original estimate, but it finally worked. Yeah
Old 08-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 honda accord ac doesn't work

I do ac work for a giant Hilton hotel. The debris from the explosion surely contaminated the while system and likely killed the compressor. It should have all been replaced the first trip.