Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2005 HAH, changing engine oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 2005 HAH, changing engine oil

Regarding the oil change, does the drain plug have a separate washer? If so do I need to purchase a new one or can I reuse it.

The oil in the engine looks pretty good and it's due so I thought I would go and change it myself, that way I know what I'm putting in there. I have to drive 2 freaken hours on Wednesday to transfer the warranty.....hell for a 100K mile bumper to bumper, it's worth it.

Thxs
Old 06-16-2009, 05:19 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2005 HAH, changing engine oil

Who is the warranty with? Honda doesn't offer a 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty unless it's HondaCare. And I'm pretty sure that's non transferable. The certified warranty is transferable but it's not 100K miles bumper to bumper. 12 month 12k miles bumper to bumper and up to 100K power train.

Yes it does have a separate crush washer that needs to be replaced every oil change.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ross 2.0
Who is the warranty with? Honda doesn't offer a 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty unless it's HondaCare. And I'm pretty sure that's non transferable. The certified warranty is transferable but it's not 100K miles bumper to bumper. 12 month 12k miles bumper to bumper and up to 100K power train.

Yes it does have a separate crush washer that needs to be replaced every oil change.
Crush washer, damn guess I have to find a place that has it.

Regarding the warranty, yes it's Honda Care. After reading the contract, fine print, and talking to the Honda dealership that the warranty was purchased from, yes it is transferrable as long as certain requirements are met:

1. Within 15 days of transfer of vehicle.
2. Owner of contract must be present to sign transfer
3. All available scheduled maintenance documentation
4. $50.00 transfer fee

It is nice that this warranty is transferable because with all the cool things this Hybrid can do, it's more things that can go wrong. (knock on wood)
Old 06-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by R_ACE1
It is nice that this warranty is transferable because with all the cool things this Hybrid can do, it's more things that can go wrong. (knock on wood)

Knock on Wood... lol TOCO MADERA !!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can get the crush washer from any honda dealership. they dont cost much. i would get a few if you plan on changing your oil offen
Old 06-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Changed my oil, oil filter, and air filter yesterday. We have a hobby shop where I work and they have hydraulic lifts. While changing the oil was very easy, it took me 1 whole hour just to lift the dam car (talk about pissed and sweating bullets).
Because of the jack points on the car I could only get one side of the lift on the front of the car. The two back points were good but (depending how the car is parked) I could only get one front good while the other front was too far in. Either way I ended up placing the front two arms under the frame and the two rear arms on the jack points. When I jacked the car beacuse of how the arms where designed they were within millimeters from touching the body of the car. To me thats WAY too close, if they touched the arms could have damaged the body of the car.....and I would have been PIIISSSSEEEDDDD. There has to be a better way. My hobby shop has one lift that you drive the car on, but it was already used. Next time I rather use that one.

Overall it was a new experience for me. With my F-150, I was in and out in 15min. Other than the jacking part changing the oil was a breeze. I like the way honda placed the oil filter, very easy access.