Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2003 radio display out-with NAV-bulletin the same?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 radio display out-with NAV-bulletin the same?

I've seen the bulletin for the radio display problems on '03s, but it says it is for cars without NAV. My upper radio and temp display is out, but I do have NAV. My dash light are also much dimmer than they used to be. Any ideas or experiences with this problem on cars that do have NAV?

I took it to my dealer because it used to flicker and they said a plug was loose-which made sense, and it worked fine for about a week and now it is completely out.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 2003 radio display out-with NAV-bulletin the same? (wellinghurst)

The same thing just happened with my 04 Accord. Does anoyone know where I can find a guide to take the panel out to get to the build (or wires)? Trying to figure out how to remove the dash panel to get to the light bulb and wire harness.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
It Wasn't Me!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2003 radio display out-with NAV-bulletin the same? (slamb999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wellinghurst &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen the bulletin for the radio display problems on '03s, but it says it is for cars without NAV. My upper radio and temp display is out, but I do have NAV. My dash light are also much dimmer than they used to be. Any ideas or experiences with this problem on cars that do have NAV?

I took it to my dealer because it used to flicker and they said a plug was loose-which made sense, and it worked fine for about a week and now it is completely out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't seen any problems with the navi cars like that. I did however find this service news item.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Service News &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Radio Display or Upper
Display Is Blank
If a ’03–04 Accord owner complains that the radio
display (without the navigation system) or the
upper display (with the navigation system) is
intermittently blank, find out how long your
customer presses the CD/AUX button to select
CD play. Your customer could be inadvertently
turning off the display. It’s not written down
anywhere but, as a manufacturer’s test feature,
pressing and holding the CD/AUX button for
about 5 seconds turns off the display. The display
comes back on when you cycle the ignition
switch. If this is what your customer has been
doing to select CD play, tell him or her to just
press and release the button and not hold
it down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slamb999 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The same thing just happened with my 04 Accord. Does anoyone know where I can find a guide to take the panel out to get to the build (or wires)? Trying to figure out how to remove the dash panel to get to the light bulb and wire harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If your car has under 100k on it there is a warranty extension from Honda on this problem. Contact your local dealer. It is not a bulb problem, the repair involves replacing the circuit board in the audio unit.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: 2003 radio display out-with NAV-bulletin the same? (slamb999)

Werd on the printed circuit board. 2004 TSXs have this problem as well. I had mine replaced over the summer on my TSX. The lights just stopped working on the console all of a sudden.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:19 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: 2003 radio display out-with NAV-bulletin the same? (wellinghurst)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wellinghurst &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen the bulletin for the radio display problems on '03s, but it says it is for cars without NAV. My upper radio and temp display is out, but I do have NAV. My dash light are also much dimmer than they used to be. Any ideas or experiences with this problem on cars that do have NAV?

I took it to my dealer because it used to flicker and they said a plug was loose-which made sense, and it worked fine for about a week and now it is completely out.</TD></TR></TABLE>