Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2003 Honda rough fast idle and acceleration/ slight misfire

Old 12-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Trial User

Default 2003 Honda rough fast idle and acceleration/ slight misfire

My 2003 Honda Accord with only 100 k miles starts fine, easy turn over, but it idles fast (high?) and accelerates on its own when put in drive up to about 15-20 miles per hour, enough to shift into second gear. I bought the car a few months ago, and has had this problem for about a month or two, but now that it is cold, it seems that it is slightly misfiring when in park. No check engine light. No misfiring detected while driving at higher speeds. No "schreeching" sound that a vacuum leak would make. While im driving, everything seems to be fine, except decelerating sometimes is a little rough. Also, recently have been hearing a slight clicking noise when in park. And the engine pulses when in park. Please help to diagnose, the pulsing and clicking noises are the newest symptoms.

Thanks,
TJ
Old 12-20-2018, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2003 Honda rough fast idle and acceleration/ slight misfire

im having the same problem help!
Old 12-31-2018, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2003 Honda rough fast idle and acceleration/ slight misfire

My problem seemed to be from getting a little wet from all the rain we've had here lately, But after a few days it dried out... Hope yours was something as simple as mine!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: