Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2003 Honda Accord Coupe A/C problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Honda Accord Coupe A/C problem.

Hello,

(Note: This is a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe v6)
Recently my AC has been blowing warm air, and I've been determined to figure out why. After some doing some research, I noticed lots of posts on various forums saying that my AC compressor might be shot.

I popped open my hood and turned the AC on to listen for any noises coming from the compressor. I didn't hear any noises, but I did notice a plug near the compressor that isn't plugged in (Labeled picture B). I also noticed another connector that isn't plugged in to anything near the top of my radiator(?) (Labeled picture A).

I did have a repair performed that would have required many plugs to be unplugged in this general area, and the AC worked fine a couple of months ago. So, do these plugs have anything to do with my compressor not running?

If they don't, any recommendations on how to actually determine if it really is my compressor, or if something else is wrong?

Here is a link to the album. I have a shot of the engine bay that shows specifically where pictures A and B are located. Sorry for the not so good picture quality.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2003 Honda Accord Coupe A/C problem.

Hard to tell from the pic's?

Do the two "fit each other"?

When the car is on and the AC is turned on - do the fans come on? Can you see the "face" of the ac compressor turning?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Lost Again
Hard to tell from the pic's?

Do the two "fit each other"?

When the car is on and the AC is turned on - do the fans come on? Can you see the "face" of the ac compressor turning?

What do you mean by the fans? like the two giant fans in the front? or the fans in the car? Because the fans in the car do start. I haven't tried connecting the two, but they both have a matching blue wire on them.

and what is the compressor head?

Sorry I'm not really familiar with the technical parts of a car
Old 06-14-2014, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I meant the fans under the hood used to cool the rad and cond.

You could test to see if power is being supplied on the "upper" connector when the ac is on and no power when the ac is off.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Lost Again
Yes, I meant the fans under the hood used to cool the rad and cond.

You could test to see if power is being supplied on the "upper" connector when the ac is on and no power when the ac is off.
Those two fans do turn on after the car has been idling for a little bit. Are they supposed to turn on immediately when the AC comes on? And how would I test to see if there is power going to one of the connectors?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You would need a voltmeter or test light to test for voltage.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by enjuaguese
Hello,

(Note: This is a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe v6)
Recently my AC has been blowing warm air, and I've been determined to figure out why. After some doing some research, I noticed lots of posts on various forums saying that my AC compressor might be shot.

I popped open my hood and turned the AC on to listen for any noises coming from the compressor. I didn't hear any noises, but I did notice a plug near the compressor that isn't plugged in (Labeled picture B). I also noticed another connector that isn't plugged in to anything near the top of my radiator(?) (Labeled picture A).

I did have a repair performed that would have required many plugs to be unplugged in this general area, and the AC worked fine a couple of months ago. So, do these plugs have anything to do with my compressor not running?

If they don't, any recommendations on how to actually determine if it really is my compressor, or if something else is wrong?

Here is a link to the album. I have a shot of the engine bay that shows specifically where pictures A and B are located. Sorry for the not so good picture quality.
The charge needs to be checked.