Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

'09 Dealer Suspension, iPhone and Aero?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:51 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 Dealer Suspension, iPhone and Aero?

I'm looking at buying the 2009 Accord Coupe V6 6MT.

1) One of the options from the dealer is a Sport Suspension Kit (Manual Transmission) for $1,100CAN. Any idea what this entails? Will this just stiffen the car or will it lower it too. I was looking at Tein springs but would be happier if the dealer option lowered the car.

2) An option is the i-Linc to connect your iPod to the stereo. Does anyone know if this works with the iPhone 3G where I can control the music from the stock stereo and have the cable charge the iPhone?

3) Does anyone have good pictures of the Aero kit installed on the coupe. I'm going through the gallery but only found a few pictures of the Aero kit (mainly just the front bumper and not the sides or back). Trying to decide if I should get the kit or just leave the body untouched.

Would the Aero kit and Tein lowering springs be too low for daily driving?

Thanks Everyone.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 AM

Default Re: '09 Dealer Suspension, iPhone and Aero?

1) I'm thinking it will provide more support when in bumpy areas, such as gravel, potholes and stuff like that.

2) I don't think it will work with iphone, but I would take the iphone there and plug it in if they have that option on hand to be sure.

3)Nope sorry. = p
Old 07-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A quick search will answer all of your questions for you, or jump on the honda site http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-coupe/ will give you exact descriptions.

as for the dealer installed options the dealer them self should be able to answer in more detail but the HFP suspension is a one inch drop and is a substantial stiffing and handling upgrade, its up to you if you like the ride quality, take a test drive to find out IMO.

I have no idea about the i-Linc option, might be new to the model year, but given that the many ipod link systems on the market don't work with the iphone i wouldn't put money on it, again contacting the dealer would be the best way to know for sure.

As for the aero kit pictures, http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content/...re-588x441.jpg or http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0H0gnjnDGW...004.Mini3L.jpg were the best pictures i could find with a simple search to show the sides and rear of the car.

hope this helps your decision, have fun and welcome to Honda-Tech
Old 07-12-2009, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Typically, if something interfaces with an Ipod, especially an Ipod touch, it will work with an Iphone as well. I have both and have never found one that doesn't work with both.