Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

06 honda accord brake pressure issues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 honda accord brake pressure issues.

my 2006 honda accord is having a problem with braking. when i step on it, i can only step on it and it only goes in about an inch or barely, making the braking very hard. i have bled the brakes twices and i know for a fact that my rotors and brake pads are good (all have been checked), but could rotors or pads be causing this problem? tired of bleeding brakes and getting no results!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 06 honda accord brake pressure issues.

Here are the troubleshooting steps:

Symptom Troubleshooting
Rapid brake pad wear, vehicle vibration (after a long drive), or high, hard brake pedal

NOTE: Make sure that the caliper pins are installed correctly.

The upper and lower caliper pins are different. If the top and bottom caliper pins are installed in the wrong location, it will cause uneven tire wear, vibration, and or uneven or rapid pad wear. Observe proper caliper pin location.

1. Drive the vehicle until the brakes drag or until the pedal is high and hard. This can take 20 or more brake pedal applications during an extended test drive.
2. With the engine running, raise the vehicle on a lift, and spin all four wheels by hand. Is there brake drag at any of the wheels? YES - Go to step 3. NO - Look for other causes of the pad wear, high pedal, or vehicle vibration.
3. Turn the engine off, pump the brake pedal to deplete the vacuum in the brake booster, and then spin the wheels again to check for brake drag. Is there brake drag at any of the wheels? YES - Go to step 4. NO - Replace the brake booster.
4. Without removing the brake lines, unbolt and separate the master cylinder from the booster, then spin the wheels to check for brake drag. Is there brake drag at any of the wheels? YES - Go to step 5. NO - Check the brake pedal position switch adjustment and pedal free play.
5. Loosen the hydraulic lines at the master cylinder, then spin the wheels to check for brake drag. Is there brake drag at any of the wheels? YES - Go to step 6. NO - Replace the master cylinder.
6. Loosen the bleed screws at each caliper, then spin the wheels to check for brake drag. Is there brake drag at any of the wheels? YES - Disassemble and repair the caliper on the wheel(s) with brake drag. NO - Look for a bulging master cylinder cap seal, discolored or contaminated brake fluid in the master cylinder, or damaged brake lines. If any of these items are damaged, replace them. If all of these items are OK, replace the ABS modulator-control unit.