Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

05' Accord Sedan EX V6 Cat-Back Exhaust - What do I get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05' Accord Sedan EX V6 Cat-Back Exhaust - What do I get?

I am looking for an Exaust for my Accord, but i can not find one. I really want to pick up a Greddy Ehaust, but they apperntly dont make one for my car. I was thinking that maybe Coupe Exhaust would fit, (just a thought). Also I found a Magnaflow one that is made for my car, but i dont know to much about that brand.

I am really looking for a system that improves HP and is not loud. I really want to get the most of my Exhaust since i can not updrade headers and i am waiting on my Fujita In-take.

I have to admit i am new to all of this, but i am trying to get it.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

Default Re: 05' Accord Sedan EX V6 Cat-Back Exhaust - What do I get? (geewa007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by geewa007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am looking for an Exaust for my Accord, but i can not find one. I really want to pick up a Greddy Ehaust, but they apperntly dont make one for my car. I was thinking that maybe Coupe Exhaust would fit, (just a thought). Also I found a Magnaflow one that is made for my car, but i dont know to much about that brand.

I am really looking for a system that improves HP and is not loud. I really want to get the most of my Exhaust since i can not updrade headers and i am waiting on my Fujita In-take.

I have to admit i am new to all of this, but i am trying to get it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's a couple clips of my 05 Accord v6 with the Magnaflow catback exhaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFSdsCuuyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated

Hope these help in your decision, it's not very loud while cruising, and obviously far from ricey sounding.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 05' Accord Sedan EX V6 Cat-Back Exhaust - What do I get? (Uncle Ben's)

yea man that sounds clean. Do you know how much more HP it has added to your car?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by geewa007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea man that sounds clean. Do you know how much more HP it has added to your car? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no idea, because the week after I put it in I also installed an aftermarket j-pipe, and the ECU didn't have enough time to modify timing/fuel to improve power before that. If you want the most possible HP, I don't know what to tell you because the Greddy exhaust adds the most HP, but you'll be paying $400 more for those 2-3 hp which you really won't feel. I haven't seen a dyno sheet of just a Magnaflow exhaust improvement.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 PM

Default Re: 05' Accord Sedan EX V6 Cat-Back Exhaust - What do I get? (Uncle Ben's)

What exhaust tip did you put on it? I ask because the magnaflow exhaust that i found comes with a regular tip?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by geewa007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What exhaust tip did you put on it? I ask because the magnaflow exhaust that i found comes with a regular tip?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's all what came with the Magnaflow system. My exhaust tips are different in design from the sedan system because the two cars have slightly different exhausts, which is why you're having a difficult time finding an aftermarket setup. If I recall correctly, the sedan Magnaflow model has different looking mufflers, that look more like the Borla mufflers, which is closer to stock than the coupe's semi-fart can look, which I personally don't care for but as long as they sound the part and give me a decent gain in power that's all I care about for the price. There are actually coupe owners who bought the Magnaflow system and then had a muffler shop change the mufflers with the universal Magnaflow mufflers for the better, more sleeper look.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 PM

Well thats good to know. I guess it will work in my benfit because the exhaust tip doesnt look like it an aftermarket tip. These days cops will pull you over for anything. Trust me i know. I was just concerend because i thought that the exhaust for the sedan will not not give me the performance that i was looking for.
Thanks bro . I am going to order the Magnaflow Exhaust when i get my next check.

Again, thanks for the help.