Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

04 Honda Accord EX Locking Problem.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Honda Accord EX Locking Problem.

Hi Everybody,
I have a 2004 Accord EX
The Problem i am having is that When the driver side door and all other doors are locked and i try to unlock the car using my key's unlock button nothing unlocks. When i manually push down the door lock on the front driver side all of the doors lock. I have 2 Keys for this car and they both do the same thing. I have no clue where to start and its very annoying having to put the key into the door and turn it to the right two time to be able to get into the car.
Any help would be great!!
Thanks So Much!!

**EDIT**
I am thinking its the FL Door Lock Actuator. I just ordered a new oem one from ebay motors for 25 dollars. Ill keep the post updated when i replace it

****UPDATE**** 04/7/11
I replaced the FL Door Lock Actuator today and now everything works 100% again.

Last edited by Mikejar123; 04-07-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 04 Honda Accord EX Locking Problem.

im glad you created this post b/c my rear driver door doesn't lock or unlock either. all the others do except that one.
update please!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes its very annoying the one i purchased is here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT. Im sure it should fix your problem if you replace the actuator thats inside that door. i think the reason none of my doors seems to work correctly is because the front driver door is the main door and that lock controls all of the other locks like when it was normal if i pushed it in it would lock all of the doors and when i hit the unlock button on my little clicker the driver door would be the first one to come up a little sooner then the rest of the doors. i sure will keep you updated i am hoping that this is going to be a little and very low cost fix
Old 04-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll wait for your update so i'll know what part to get so as to not waste any extra funds.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any updates?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well i received the actuator today and i installed it. Every works 100% now!!!! . I am very satisfied with my accord once again lol. it was a semi pain in my ***. haha

P.S: Depending on your location in cali i might be able to help you out if you were too need it
Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good news. glad it all worked out for you...now my turn. lol

never changed an actuator. hard, easy?
did you buy an OEM part on ebay or aftermarket?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i purchased the oem one from ebay. Not that hard to change out just kind of irritating. make sure to unscrew the golden bolt and the bottom that holds the window guide in and move it upwards out of the way. i used a zip tie to hold it at the top inside the door panel. it gives alot more room to work with. Also the 3 screws on the inside of the door are very hard to loosen. it took me and my friend to get enough strength to break them free. On the lock assembly there is going to be 2 different like bars you must pop free. The one you can see from inside the door panel pop it free from the top of the lock assembly and there is a second one that goes up to where your key goes, pop that one off from the top where you insert your key. there is a little whole with a rubber insert its like a inspection hole or something like that. but yeah it was pretty easy and straight foward. just removing and reinstalling. last but not least make sure to pay attention to exactly how you take off the actuator from the whole assembly, my mistake i forgot to place it in the right position on the assembly and when i got the door panel on i locked the door and when i pulled on the handle and the car opened... haha.
Well Good luck!!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Mikejar123
Hi Everybody,
I have a 2004 Accord EX
The Problem i am having is that When the driver side door and all other doors are locked and i try to unlock the car using my key's unlock button nothing unlocks. When i manually push down the door lock on the front driver side all of the doors lock. I have 2 Keys for this car and they both do the same thing. I have no clue where to start and its very annoying having to put the key into the door and turn it to the right two time to be able to get into the car.
Any help would be great!!
Thanks So Much!!

**EDIT**
I am thinking its the FL Door Lock Actuator. I just ordered a new oem one from ebay motors for 25 dollars. Ill keep the post updated when i replace it

****UPDATE**** 04/7/11
I replaced the FL Door Lock Actuator today and now everything works 100% again.
I am trying to replace the door lock actuator as well. But I can't take the three screws out that holds it. Any suggestions?
I might damage them when I take them out. Then I will have to order the now ones. What will be the part # for them. I have been trying since yesterday to take them out, but they keep slipping. Also, what kind of putty did you use the re-glue the plastic?
Old 08-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by carcare
I am trying to replace the door lock actuator as well. But I can't take the three screws out that holds it. Any suggestions?
I might damage them when I take them out. Then I will have to order the now ones. What will be the part # for them. I have been trying since yesterday to take them out, but they keep slipping. Also, what kind of putty did you use the re-glue the plastic?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Mikejar123
On the lock assembly there is going to be 2 different like bars you must pop free. The one you can see from inside the door panel pop it free from the top of the lock assembly and there is a second one that goes up to where your key goes, pop that one off from the top where you insert your key. there is a little whole with a rubber insert its like a inspection hole or something like that.
That's where I got stuck. The 2 bars from the actuator up to the lock. Do you have any tricks for popping them out ???