Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

04 Accord Front License Plate ..HELP PLZ!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 04 Accord Front License Plate ..HELP PLZ!!

I moved to VA from TN and now have to have a front Plate... Can we just drill holes in the bumper or will this mess with anything such as the air bags?? If i have to buy a part can anyone tell me where I could get it.. I have seen a few but they all look like they just screw in from the front also.. Thanks for any help you can give me!!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 04 Accord Front License Plate ..HELP PLZ!!

You probably can drill into the bumpers and attach the plate; however, I would just get the front license plate base from the dealer or a salvage yard. The part from the dealer should be around $16. There are two holes at the bottom area of the bumper that the license plate base attaches with two bolts. Then you just screw in your license plate to the base from the front.
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have two holes drilled into my front bumper for the license plate......cars fine...
Old 02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ch0baca
i have two holes drilled into my front bumper for the license plate......cars fine...
That's ok, but if you were to move to another state, where they don't require a front plate, you would probably want to remove it, and that would leave unsightly holes in your bumper. I live in Louisiana, and we don't need front plates, so I have a nice clean bumper, no holes. Of course, some people would rather have holes in the bumper, than spend $20 on a plate base. To each, his own. I'm sure these plate bases can be found in salvage yards for $5 or so.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 AM
New User

Thanks everyone !! I called the dealership and they want about $50 for the part that I would need ( plus I would have to drive about 90 miles to get there) ... I am going to try a few junk yards, but my husband thinks that we are not going to find the part there... I wouldnt have a problem with holes in the bumper, but I am so worried that we will mess up the air bags, a guy at advance auto told my husband that, that would be very easy to do with my honda he said that he could walk out and kick the right spot on the bumper and make the airbags deploy ... dont know how true it is but that didnt help to hear ....
Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The part retails for about $16 (not including the bolts) and is discounted to around $12. On the internet you have to pay shipping though. Here is one site:

www.hondapartsdeals.com

Another site you can try is Majestic Honda. I would call another dealer in your area to get a price, so you don't have to pay shipping. They should have it at the salvage yard, as that is a standard part that fits other year Hondas.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:00 PM

If you want to be a little different you can get a license plate relocator... its a style choice... up to you?

http://www.jdmrobot.com/jdmliplre.html\

or

http://www.jdmcarboy.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=3014

got one on my 02 accord cause of the no license plate holes either..

hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lchop
Thanks everyone !! I called the dealership and they want about $50 for the part that I would need ( plus I would have to drive about 90 miles to get there) ... I am going to try a few junk yards, but my husband thinks that we are not going to find the part there... I wouldnt have a problem with holes in the bumper, but I am so worried that we will mess up the air bags, a guy at advance auto told my husband that, that would be very easy to do with my honda he said that he could walk out and kick the right spot on the bumper and make the airbags deploy ... dont know how true it is but that didnt help to hear ....

hey i work at honda as-well just pm me if you really need one i might be able to hook you up on that bracket.. and yes the sensor is really close. thats why they mount the bracket on the top of the air vent.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:51 AM
New User

Originally Posted by redbull-1
The part retails for about $16 (not including the bolts) and is discounted to around $12. On the internet you have to pay shipping though. Here is one site:

www.hondapartsdeals.com

Another site you can try is Majestic Honda. I would call another dealer in your area to get a price, so you don't have to pay shipping. They should have it at the salvage yard, as that is a standard part that fits other year Hondas.
I feel crazy but I couldnt find the the part on the hondapartsdeals site... The dealership that I called was Rusty wallace honda in knoxville tn ( I am in Lee county Va) Thank you so much for helping with this!!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Enter your car information and select interior/bumper, then bumper or enter the part number directly to find your part.
Attached Images   
Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also, you need the two bolts that attach the base to the bumper at the bottom and the two screws (you can use 4 screws but 2 is fine) to attach the license plate to the base; however, you could always go to a hardware store for the screws and bolts (they are metric) and pay less. However, if you want to get it from Honda, I think the bolts are part number 90111-SM4-003 and the screws are 90904-46220.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM

hey you got pm..