Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

03 Honda Accord Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 05:50 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Honda Accord Electrical Issues

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX w/Navi

My clock display started a flickering in a out a while back and would get dim or just not show at all, for a while if I just tapped the dash it would come back in for a while, but eventually go back out.

Also more recently my navigation works, but all of the buttons for the HVAC and radio do not work anymore.

Is anyone familiar with this issue and have a solution via youtube, or a link within this forum with the fix for these issues?

I was searching the forum for a similar issue but could not find the issue here. Seems like its a known problem but can not find a fix for it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 03 Honda Accord Electrical Issues

Originally Posted by mpitre001
I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX w/Navi

My clock display started a flickering in a out a while back and would get dim or just not show at all, for a while if I just tapped the dash it would come back in for a while, but eventually go back out.

Also more recently my navigation works, but all of the buttons for the HVAC and radio do not work anymore.

Is anyone familiar with this issue and have a solution via youtube, or a link within this forum with the fix for these issues?

I was searching the forum for a similar issue but could not find the issue here. Seems like its a known problem but can not find a fix for it. Any help would be appreciated.
I would check the fuses, and sand off the legs of the fuses. I had a problem with my radio going out on my previous Accord, and turned out that there was a light layer of surface corrosion on the fuse legs.

For the clock issue, I had a similar issue with the temperature gauge on my 99 Accord. It would sometimes work when tap the dashboard. It turned out that the solder joint came loose. I had to resolder it. You could check for a similar issue. Look on the circuit board and see if you see any loose solder joints.

The Navigation is a big known problem point on this car. My navigation does not work. I have not figured out a work around for an economical way to revive it.