Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

03' accord v6 with 6 cd changer in dash audio questions

Old 04-18-2008, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03' accord v6 with 6 cd changer in dash audio questions

My cd players has been dieing slowly for about 2-3 months and it got to the point where I couldn't take it and hit it one day so now my screen is broken...I new honda was going to charge me a ton to fix it right off the bat so I wasn't mad cause I was going to replace it anyway but now that I'm looking into it, it's looking like I might have to put it under my dash which really sucks...but best-buy is now claiming that none of there cd players will fit into my car. Did I buy the worst car ever for aftermarket audio? The only thing I like doing while driving is listening to music and it's where I can really listen to songs without distractions...and paying for a car monthly that I can't listen to cause their cd players suck now I can't even put my own in...
Old 04-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Default Re: 03' accord v6 with 6 cd changer in dash audio questions (ghstofperdition)

So whats your point. You can put an aftermarket, just have to leave the factory.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:07 AM

Default Re: 03' accord v6 with 6 cd changer in dash audio questions (Accord1234)

Yeah I don't want a shitty not working cd player in the dash and a working one below it...it looks retarded. I'd like to be able to buy an aftermarket cd player and put one in that looks like it belongs.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: 03' accord v6 with 6 cd changer in dash audio questions (ghstofperdition)

Since the A/C climate control is integrated into the same screen, it makes an aftermarket system very difficult. Honda extended the warranty on the display screens, so you could probably get that fixed free of charge. I would definitely check with the dealership, to see what they can do about it.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Default Re: 03' accord v6 with 6 cd changer in dash audio questions (BLKFLSH)

So I think I'm just going to try and install my ipod into the car because I found this http://www.crutchfield.com/App..._info

Has anyone ever used this? Or does anyone know anything about how it works or if it can be used with the 6 disc changer? The crutchfield site says that any outboard cd- changers would have to be disabled...which if that's what mine is I don't mind cause it doesn't work anyway. But I think an outboard changer would be in the trunk right? Well...any advice one this would help thanks.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can get the factory trunk unit from this site.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/accelect03.html

If that's what you're looking for.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:04 PM

Default Re: 03' accord v6 with 6 cd changer in dash audio questions (BLKFLSH)

Yes! So I got the thing I linked and everything works [freak]ing great. It took me like 10 minutes to install it and mount it inside the cubby under the AC and I ran the cables up through the...thing inbetween the seat and put the cord through near the cigerette lighter adapter and the Ipod sits in there. The only thing is the the product is supposed to charge my pod but it's not...But other than that it sounds great and lets me use the ipod controls and the controls on the steering wheel.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ghstofperdition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes! So I got the thing I linked and everything works [freak]ing great. It took me like 10 minutes to install it and mount it inside the cubby under the AC and I ran the cables up through the...thing inbetween the seat and put the cord through near the cigerette lighter adapter and the Ipod sits in there. The only thing is the the product is supposed to charge my pod but it's not...But other than that it sounds great and lets me use the ipod controls and the controls on the steering wheel.</TD></TR></TABLE> That's pretty badass. How hard was the install?