Notices
Honda Accord 2016- 2017 This is the place to discuss all things Honda Accord related for the 2016 -2017

Honda Accord Side View Mirror Explosion

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Accord Side View Mirror Explosion

I’m posting this on here because maybe someone knows what else I can do/ I want to let as many people possible know what a horrible company Honda is. I was driving down the street with no other cars, nothing that I could hit, no mail boxes, no trees, at like 20 mph and my sideview mirror exploded. It was a huge bang, I saw red, I saw it fly into the window and the ricochet into the street. The body of my sideview mirror was completely in tact. In perfect condition. My car, other than the window where the mirror crashed into, is in perfect condition. So I took it to the nearby Honda dealer, the service manager before even looking at my car was like you crashed into something. I ask her can you please look at the car I didn’t crash into anything. They did and they kept insisting that I hit something I felt like I was being gaslighted. I asked them if something hit it where is the damage? There were like well something must of hit it something must of hit and we don’t cover external damage. I called corporate and they are siding with the dealer they said the dealer sent pictures of my crashed car (mind you I sent them, corporate, pictures of my car in perfect condition the DAY maybe, 10 minutes max after showing it to the service manager). They told me to take it to another dealer for another opinion. So I did, spent half a day waiting and the 2nd dealer took pictures and agreed with me that my car was fine that nothing hit it and sent it to corporate for approval. Corporate again says yeah, but that first dealer sent us pictures that show that you hit the car (which is like what the heck why did you make me waste a day if you’re just going ignore what the 2nd dealer says, and where the hell did these picture even come from) . So I ask them please send me these pictures because that cannot be my car, I have never hit my car. They refuse to forward the email with the alleged pictures. They tell me you want to see the picture? call the dealer you went to first. So I did and they were like we deleted them so there’s nothing we can do about it. My car is brand new and fixing the side view mirror and the window it messed up when it exploded costs upward of 1k. It ridiculous.
I am honestly shocked that a company like honda would treat a costumer like this. I had always leased from them and the only reason I bought the car is because they don't lease hybrids.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda Accord Side View Mirror Explosion

File a complaint with the NHTSA.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
Old 06-21-2019, 01:11 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Honda Accord Side View Mirror Explosion

Sorry to read this. And you don't want to hear this, but your SOL. Sometimes, luck is just not on your side.

Glass and mirror could have been damaged prior and the vibration of the road just pop everything.

I had something similar with my 2010 Accord V6 EX-L. Just purchased it. $30K+. The interior was black. Took delivery in the afternoon. Didn't see that the leather surface was thinned out and about the tear. I noticed it two days after purchase.

Call the dealership. Got an appointment 2 weeks out. You know how the rest of story goes. They think I did it. I must have. The car is now 2 weeks old. Logically, that made sense (to the average person), even when that is not true.

I had to live with it for the entire time I owned the car, in fear that the seating surface was going to bust anytime. Or if a chubby person sat in the seat.