Notices
Honda Accord 2018- Current This is the place to discuss all things Honda Accord related for the 2018- Current model year

2018 accord Rear door water leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 accord Rear door water leak

The Rear door seems to accumulate water. I brought it in for service and took pictures along the way.
Water pool.

the dealer is re sealing the door liner with black goop.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2018 accord Rear door water leak

Still not fixed 😑
Water comes from inside the door panel and leaks between the plastic and metal door frame.

Just a little update: the dealer re glued the door liner with some black tar wich all that does is keep more water inside the door and it still leaks. This really sucks and am sure it is due to a bad trim piece. I am not looking forward to contacing the dealer because it took an hour of back and forth just to get them to remove the door panel, they say its normal thet you open your door and a waterfall comes out 😐

Old 12-13-2018, 07:38 PM
Trial User

I’m having this same issue with my new Accord. It’s a design flaw. The weatherstripping on the outside of the windows are cut too short and that allows water to run down the window channels.

Most owners will not remove their door panels so this problem will not garner corrective action from Honda anytime soon. My dealer said the same “it’s normal”. I contacted Honda USA and opened a case. We’ll see what happens. My biggest concern is damage to the components inside the door over time.

Very disappointed with Honda for this major oversight.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:30 AM
Trial User

I had a leak as well on my 2019 Accord Sport. the leak came from the rear door between the plastic cover and sheeting. Honda dealer open up door panel and found leak coming from the door handles.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 18EXL
I’m having this same issue with my new Accord. It’s a design flaw. The weatherstripping on the outside of the windows are cut too short and that allows water to run down the window channels.

Most owners will not remove their door panels so this problem will not garner corrective action from Honda anytime soon. My dealer said the same “it’s normal”. I contacted Honda USA and opened a case. We’ll see what happens. My biggest concern is damage to the components inside the door over time.

Very disappointed with Honda for this major oversight.
I have noticed small water puddles on the bottom of the door frame, when I open the door after washing the car or after driving in rainy weather on my 2019 Accord Hybrid. Thanks for sharing your experiences with that, I am planning on opening the door panels in a couple of weeks, to apply sound dampening material inside the door. I am now wondering if I am in for a bad surprise..
Old 10-31-2019, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you guys notice this? I haven't had anything thus far but want to look out as water can cause a lot of problems. What I have noticed is once the rear driver door didn't lock electrically because I had the done light in the middle position. I go remote start the car and it doesn't flash. I find out later the lock isn't closing so I turn off the dome light because that's the only thing I did differently in the past few days concerning the back.