Notices
Honda Accord (2013 - 2015) 2013 - 2015 Honda Accord and Inspire

Surging Transmission and weird A/C blower gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 10:00 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surging Transmission and weird A/C blower gremlins

I bought a 2013 EX-L V6 coupe from a Toyota dealership with 78,000 miles (+/- a few 100). When I test drove it, it had a slight surging issue with the transmission. I could give it about 10-20% throttle and at low RPM it felt like it was surging back and forth. I didn't think too much about it because it had been sitting a long while at the dealership. Well, when I got home I discovered a TSB bulletin that a lot of people were referencing so I took advantage of it because it said any Accord with less than 80k miles could get the service done (I had 79,xxx). I took it to the Honda dealership and they drained and flushed the transmission several times and flashed the latest software. Bingo! seemed to stop the surging issue.... well now it's 9000 miles later (currently at 88k) and the surging is back, but worse!

Let's say, for example, I'm at a red light and I start to take off, it goes then it surges forward and then lets out, then surges forward, then lets out until it gets to 3500 or so RPM then it disappears until 2nd gear then it comes back until 3500 or so RPM. 3rd gear still has some judder, but it goes away by cruising speed. It's almost like having turbo lag, the boost, then lag, then boost.... What could be wrong here? Is it the transmission? Some other problem I have to worry about?

My second issue is the fan blower. One day when I was leaving work and it was very hot, I turned on the car and turned on the A/C to LO then the fan to its highest setting, but only got maybe 10% of the fan speed. It was barely blowing out! Well about 10 miles down the interstate and suddenly the fan just opened up like a leaf blower!!!! Seemed fine after that so I didn't mess with anything. Well a few months later (last night and again today) I was going down the interstate and I had the A/C on Lo and the fan speed on 3/4 max. It suddenly just started blowing SUPER HARD. I guess I had not noticed that the fan speed was so low compared to the setting. Then today it was blowing on the MAX setting and it suddenly started blowing as if it were on the 1st bar, hardly no air at all coming out!! My first thought is the blower motor resistor, but I'm nervous that it might be some other electrical issue.

On a side note, I had a dash cam plugged into the 12v in the dash and while I was going down the road it was acting up so I unplugged it and suddenly the blower fan started blowing at MAX speed again. I'm scared to death I have some kind of wiring harness problem or something.

Anybody have any of these issues???? Any help is appreciated!