Honda Accord (2013 - Current) 2013 - Current Honda Accord and Inspire

Starting issues

Old 01-29-2019, 07:34 AM
E88
Trial User

Default Starting issues

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and forums, I already posted an introduction post if you're interested. My post here is about the starting of my '14 V6 Accord EX-L AT6-6. When I put my foot on the brake pedal and push the start button, my car will once in a while make an "electric short" kinda sound, nothing mechanical sounding, just kinda buzzes. This has been happening basically since I bought the car, almost 2 years ago, but it always ends up starting. I have never had it not start, just on average maybe once a week it will take another attempt or 2 to start the car. I know about my specific car's recall regarding the battery and got it taken care of for free at dealer. Also sprayed anti-corrossion protectant on terminals. Has anyone else had this issue? The dealer wants $600 to replace starter, another shop is saying $480, but it ALWAYS starts, just occasionally makes that electric buzz sound and have to push button again. Any helpful feedback would be appreciated, thanks
Old 05-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Starting issues

Hi, just wondering if you've been able to solve this problem yet. ( I see your post was from January) my car is doing the exact same thing (2015 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: