Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord 2016- 2017 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-2016-2017-172/)
-   -   Looking to get Honda Accord Coupe 2017 - Touring (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-2016-2017-172/looking-get-honda-accord-coupe-2017-touring-3312962/)

Reggie B. 01-01-2018 07:58 PM

Looking to get Honda Accord Coupe 2017 - Touring

Hi Guys, had my 2015 Sonata deemed as total loss as per insurance so looking to get a new car. I always wanted a coupe, so looking to lease on
Dealer: New Accord for Sale | Jonker Honda

Query
  • Whats you opinion on this gen/car? good deal
  • Any know major issues?
  • Canadian owner - any aspect which is US only, learnt the hard way when Hyundai only offered Carplay and AA for US version and some other tech aspects like wifi
  • Better to go for 2018 Accord - lease deal is higher
  • For a few $$ there is V6 option - worth it?
  • I am used to Digital Speedometer, I believe this doesn't have - couldn't find any in brochure
  • How is the sound system
  • Is it a comfort ride, when I got the Hyundai, many folks had their tires changed and it got a completely new feeling - is this the case with Accord?
  • Does Carplay and AA have any known issues, I use NGX Play on jailbroken iphone which plays any app so wondering if any issues with that

Any other advice

GoLowDrew 01-02-2018 11:40 AM

Re: Looking to get Honda Accord Coupe 2017 - Touring

Originally Posted by Reggie B. (Post 51523083)
Hi Guys, had my 2015 Sonata deemed as total loss as per insurance so looking to get a new car. I always wanted a coupe, so looking to lease on
Dealer: New Accord for Sale Jonker Honda

Query
  • Whats you opinion on this gen/car? good deal Yes, the 9th Gen does earn the reputation of past Hondas. It is sort the of the last of the "old" Hondas,
  • Any know major issues? Nothing major to note. Being the last gen, the bugs should be all worked out. I do own a 2017 Accord.
  • Canadian owner - any aspect which is US only, learnt the hard way when Hyundai only offered Carplay and AA for US version and some other tech aspects like wifi
  • Better to go for 2018 Accord - lease deal is higher 2018 Accord is a "different car" all together. I not completely sold on the durability of turbocharged engines. In no way do I say it's bad. It's good. It's just that if I have a choice to choose a non-turbo engine, I would choose if there is an option, for a daily driven car.
  • For a few $$ there is V6 option - worth it? Yes, the V6 will be the last of it's kind. If you love the rush of power, V6 is is. I used to own a 2010 V6 Accord. I would choose if $$$ or MPG is not an issue in this choice.
  • I am used to Digital Speedometer, I believe this doesn't have - couldn't find any in brochure Not digital speedo. Like like digital too, but not a big deal for me to have traditional needle speedo.
  • How is the sound system. I don't know the Canadian spec. But Touring's system should be excellent.
  • Is it a comfort ride, when I got the Hyundai, many folks had their tires changed and it got a completely new feeling - is this the case with Accord? The OEM 19 wheels do ride harsher. It crashes over imperfection. You'll have to road test it to see if you are ok with it, and understand and accept the road condition you will drive on. These large wheels look great. I know it's not the car's fault if I go over rough surfaces. I do think 18" wheels would be perfect compromise between comfort, performance, and style.
  • Does Carplay and AA have any known issues, I use NGX Play on jailbroken iphone which plays any app so wondering if any issues with that Don't know, my iphone is OEM.

Any other advice