Honda Accord (2013 - Current) 2013 - Current Honda Accord and Inspire

How do I clean the shift knob and hand brake?

Old 09-25-2018, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default How do I clean the shift **** and hand brake?

They're both turning brown. Is there something I could use? WD-40?

Old 09-25-2018, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I clean the shift **** and hand brake?

1 -Not sure if this will work, but my wife uses Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for a ton of cleaning issues around the house; stove-tops, scuff on walls, bathroom, sneakers, etc. May work on your concerns.

2 - Meguiar's makes a full line of waxes and cleaners. Good products! Two options that might help you is their Meguiar #40 is a great product that cleans and protects. Does not leave a slippery finish. Meguiar #39 is a very strong cleaner. This should be used carefully and very infrequently. It will clean just about anything out of vinyl. Must be followed by a vinyl protectant.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do I clean the shift **** and hand brake?

I use lexol leather cleaner and the conditioner, on steering wheel and shifter while I do the seats. Honda/acura not the best leather.
Or water and a rag.
Used on 08 TL and accord seems to work ok.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: