Honda Accord (2013 - Current) 2013 - Current Honda Accord and Inspire

2018 Honda Accord Parking Sensors

Old 12-31-2018, 08:19 AM
Trial User

Default 2018 Honda Accord Parking Sensors

Hello, is anyone else having issues with your front parking sensors randomly going off when you come to stop after driving? Honda tells me it's because the car is android based and I have a iPhone X - they had a field engineer come out but he only had it or 3 hours and it didn't do it for him. The sensor work when they are supposed to but have a mind of their own. This has been going on since I bought - presented videos but they haven't fixed the issue.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2018 Honda Accord Parking Sensors

Does it seem to happen more in the rain? There are several reports on the Pilot and Ridgeline with parking sensors going off in the rain. The fix for them has been resetting the control box.
Here is the procedure for the Ridgeline. Don't know if applies to the Accord. Might show it to the dealer if you have no luck.
Attached Images
Old 01-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by ccMtMan View Post
Does it seem to happen more in the rain? There are several reports on the Pilot and Ridgeline with parking sensors going off in the rain. The fix for them has been resetting the control box.
Here is the procedure for the Ridgeline. Don't know if applies to the Accord. Might show it to the dealer if you have no luck.
thanks for responding. They have been reset multiple times. It has happen in the rain and when it's sunny out.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The other issue I have heard about, is that it might be interference with the rear parking sensors of the car in front of you. (If it is only happening when you come to a stop behind another car.....)

It might also be a function of the brand of car in front of you, if their rear parking sensors are interfering with your front sensors.....
Old 01-02-2019, 09:05 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Hybridized View Post
The other issue I have heard about, is that it might be interference with the rear parking sensors of the car in front of you. (If it is only happening when you come to a stop behind another car.....)

It might also be a function of the brand of car in front of you, if their rear parking sensors are interfering with your front sensors.....
Wow, Okay that is the first time hearing about that - Well that would make a lot more sense since it doesn't happen every time. I had them replace the sensors but it still does it. When I got in my car today to drive to work the parking sensors didn't do it but my system rebooted while I was driving - my display unit screen shuts down and starts back up again - just goes black and radio turns off. Something is not right electronically with this vehicle. I wish Honda would just own it and make it right!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: