Honda Accord (2013 - Current) 2013 - Current Honda Accord and Inspire

2018 Accord Third Brake Light Wire Location

Old 11-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 2018 Accord Third Brake Light Wire Location

I recently bought
this module this module
that flashes my third brake light during hard braking. I'm trying to install it but I can't seem to find the wire that I need to cut to hook this module up. Does anyone know where the wire for the third brake light is? I really don't want to take out the entire plastic part near the rear speakers if I don't have to. I've searched online about the 2018 but haven't found any information. There's a lot of videos for previous generation Accords but when I checked that location in my car, the wire wasn't there (middle ceiling of the trunk).

I have a 2018 Honda Accord Sport.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 2018 Accord Third Brake Light Wire Location

Hi Devansh, I'd like to complete the same installation. Did you ever find where this wire is located? I have a 2018 Touring.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Unfortunately no, I still haven't found the location for this wire. The module is sitting unused in my trunk right now.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Trial User

I do know that if you pull back the trunk liner in the back left you can access both the wiring for the left and right brake lights if you wanted to tap into them individually. I don't know if those additional wires go to/or are from the 3rd brake light or not. It's easy to pull back and look. I just am unsure what is what exactly. (you could just do the individual brake lights, but like you my preference would be just the 3rd brake light.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: