Notices
Honda Accord 2018- Current This is the place to discuss all things Honda Accord related for the 2018- Current model year

2018 Accord Owners - How many are in here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2018 Accord Owners - How many are in here?

Hey Guys - I’ve literally read through all 5 pages in this forum. Kinda small but I get it. Doesn’t look like there are many of us, just wondering how many 2018 accord owners we actually have in this forum? Would be nice to share experiences, part information, ideas as we come across them. Speak up and let’s connect!

My car - 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T / 10 Speed (white orchid pearl)
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-20-2018, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2018 Accord Owners - How many are in here?

Hello, im another owner with a canadian lx manual. Paid 30.1k$can (ask away) Base model 1.5l 192hp motor with block heater for those cold quebec nights. Heated seats are standard here so thats taken care of, as for the headlights without those awsome led fogs... there mediocre at best until you destroy your enemies with the HI beams.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2018 Sport 2.0l AT10 - Red

this is my 9th Honda that Ive owned in 22 years of driving.

Got it in march when I traded on my 2014 Accord LX and 2016 Civic LX (garbage).

So far so good, love the power and the looks.

Looking to get some better fitted wheels and tires, not a fan of the stockers and the tires should be at least 245 width.

I might consider a tune for next spring if I dont see any at10 grenade themselves.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:10 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by seatowntony

My car - 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T / 10 Speed (white orchid pearl)
A dealer in Baltimore says that he's hearing complaints from customers saying that the transmission "hunts" a surprising amount.

Is that your experience?

I've driven this transmission in an RLX and an RDX, and think it's great.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Trial User

I have a Hybrid 2018 about 2 mos old w/ $2500 miles. Have a couple of issues Like the HUD compass going out, and the Drivers Side Mirror not tilting?
Anyone else? I do love this car. Getting about 44 mpg so far
Old 07-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 2018 Accord Touring that I bought 2 weeks ago. Great car but having the same issue with the compass disappearing on the HUD display. A little frustrating.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just came home with a 2018 EX. Plenty for me!

Last edited by yodaisgod2; 07-10-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:48 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Did any of you almost opt for a version of the Accord Hybrid?

Something that I do not understand is that there are three very good hybrids right now?

Insight
Clarity
Accord

It seems to me the Accord and Clarity compete with each other more or less directly, with the advantage to the Accord.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George Knighton
Did any of you almost opt for a version of the Accord Hybrid?

No. The standard Hybrid doesn't have the features I wanted. I was looking at the Sport because ojectively, it looks better than the EX. But the EX had everything I wanted for under $28k.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:28 AM
PGT
Honda-Tech Member

Has anybody looked at what parts are needed to swap out the chrome grille pieces? I'm looking at a 2.0T Touring and the chrome is garish. I like the look of the Sport better in that way. I see the black chrome accessory grille in the Accessories catalog...does that replace all the normal chrome?
Old 07-15-2018, 07:44 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by chinacat
Getting about 44 mpg so far
Really makes me wonder why we need the Clarity.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A dealer in Baltimore says that he's hearing complaints from customers saying that the transmission "hunts" a surprising amount.

Is that your experience?

2.0 ex-l modern steel. I wouldn't say the transmission on the 10 speed hunts. On lower speed slow acceleration (complete stop to 20mph...so like leaving my house) it definitely shifts awkwardly at times. Kind of a slight surge followed by a drop roughly into the next gear. It's quite annoying and I was going to mention it when I bring it in for my next oil change. In sport mode it definitely has a much more aggressive shift pattern even when you are trying to drive more responsibly, so that might be what people are complaining about. In sport, it gives the feeling that if you are not ******* it then don't bother having it in sport mode.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:35 AM
Trial User

First time Honda driver! Leased 2018 Accord Sport 2.0 Turbo in May (San Marino red w/moonroof). Love the car overall...safety features, technology, comfort, MPG, etc. I'm still trying to get used to a few things, even after 2000 miles. The brakes are extremely touchy. They are smooth until you get to a certain point then you better get ready to be jerked forward. Anyone else have that issue? Service tech manager said it's not technically an issue since there really isn't any way to adjust them. Car seems to have a rigid shifting pattern during slow acceleration and some hiccups with the tire pressure monitoring system. But again, I love the car overall! I gave up my trusty rusty 2005 Pontiac G6 (super reliable) and made the switch to Honda!
Old 07-22-2018, 10:53 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by alferr10
They are smooth until you get to a certain point then you better get ready to be jerked forward.
Can the dealer reproduce what it is you're talking about?

I can't help wondering if you're tripping the "brake boost" safety technology.

For the past few years, certain Honda models have included technology designed to detect when a user might be braking harder than he is. If the car believes this is the case, then you suddenly get a lot more braking force than you're applying with your own foot.

This is because of studies that indicated that a certain percentage of accidents could have been avoided completely if the driver had braked harder.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:02 AM
Trial User

I just got mine for 31k
Old 07-25-2018, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

New accord here. Great car , crappy audio system.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't have one, but I do wish they had stuck with White as a color. I have never liked off-white, or "pearl" finishes.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just purchased the 1.5L Turbocharged EX-L in the metallic white. $27,000+Tags+Tax+Title. Loving it and my wife loves the Apple Carplay as well. We purchased a 2017 Camry SE two days before and returned it (couldn't believe they took it back) because of the crappy, and I mean CRAPPY Scout Navigation system.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is that your experience?

I also have an auto 2.0T EX-L and have this same issue of feeling the car jerk a bit when accelerating from a stop. Shifting out of the low gears is definitely awkward when in normal mode. It's much less noticeable with either ECO or sport mode on. That makes me think that it's not necessarily a problem with the trans, but perhaps two compounded feelings of an unexpectedly early 2nd gear and the turbo lag. My last daily was a CVT though, so I might just need to get used to it.

In regards to your mention of the brake boost feature, this doesn't occur for me when braking, just accelerating at low speeds (<15mph). The car gives you a double flashing "brake" warning when it doesn't think that you are braking hard enough. I don't know if it ever engages the brake boost invisibly.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just brought home a touring hybrid. It's my first "smart" car replacing a 7th gen Accord. Haven't driven it much, still in discovery mode

I'd love to mod the hybrid to charge as an external plugin, since it seems like it can run in EV only mode, but only charges internally.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be taking delivery of our white '18 1.5 EX in about 30 mins or so. I've never been an Accord fan, but there is just something about this new one that really makes me love it. it may just be the new look and the fact that Honda finally got the ***** to show off a bit with the engineering a bit. As a Honda technician, I see all the good and bad that comes with any of the new cars and I was very skeptical about it at first, but the more I looked at it and drove it, the more I loved it. So the wife and I pulled the trigger on one over the weekend.
Since the wife will be driving it more than I do, we opted for the 1.5t EX over the 2.0t simply because SHE loves the cvt trans. I really wanted the 2.0, but as we all know, whatever SHE wants, SHE gets. But I'm still very impressed by the output of the very tiny 1.5. That thing has way more ***** than I ever thought was possible from a Honda 1.5 and the fact that the torque numbers are an almost perfect match to the HP numbers still has me reveling in this marvelous new ride. My original plan was for a 2.0 sport and I was going to sneak in a HONDATA stage two reflash and just not tell the wife to see if she even noticed. But alas, we decided on the 1.5 instead. Oh well, can't have everything. Maybe soon I can just get one for myself.

As for the 2.0 trans "hunting", I would have to agree that it does do that a little if you're not hammering the thing. It is a little awkward at first, but once you get used to it, you don't even notice it. So far, none of our 2.0 customers have said anything about it. one of my service writers has the 2.0 sport and he absolutely loves it.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yodaisgod2
Just came home with a 2018 EX. Plenty for me!
an exact match to our new ride
Old 08-25-2018, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wonder when they are going to open up a 2018+ subforum!

I have a 2018 1.5T with the 6 speed manual. Really it is the best bang for the buck on the market!
Old 08-31-2018, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't own one yet, but am seriously considering a white Accord after seeing that picture. Looks really good!
Old 09-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Trial User

Just upgraded from my 2007 Acura TL to the 2018 Accord. I was almost making the Accord payment in repairs to the TL every month.Happy with the Accord so far, but its only been 2 days.

Quick Reply: 2018 Accord Owners - How many are in here?