Notices
Honda Accord (2013 - 2015) 2013 - 2015 Honda Accord and Inspire

2014 Accord - Emergency Brake Failure next steps

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Accord - Emergency Brake Failure next steps

Hi, I recently got my rear driver side tire changed and the rear drivers side emergency brake is not working well. I'm planning to go to the same shop to have them look at it but it's an hour away. Is there anything else I can do on my own? I've attached two images, one at each side of the brake line. It just looks like it's too long but there's no way to individually change the length. With the brake pulled all the way up (way past normal) the passenger brake works well enough but the driver's side still spins by hand.

View from under the dash. The drivers' side brake line is too long.

View of the other side of the cable. It all looked normal to me
Old 05-25-2018, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2014 Accord - Emergency Brake Failure next steps

Well, as an update, the tire shop had no clue. Another mechanic has advised that the whole caliper needs to be replaced. It is not properly resetting the position of the E brake line.

Since the brake is actually working well enough (passenger brake works and both wheels turn freely when ebrake is disengaged), I'm going to wait until the next time we change the pads and rotors as well, and then do the whole brake system. Will be due in another 6 months.

Hope this helps someone -
Old 05-26-2018, 05:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 2014 Accord - Emergency Brake Failure next steps

Originally Posted by csage
Well, as an update, the tire shop had no clue. Another mechanic has advised that the whole caliper needs to be replaced. It is not properly resetting the position of the E brake line.

Since the brake is actually working well enough (passenger brake works and both wheels turn freely when ebrake is disengaged), I'm going to wait until the next time we change the pads and rotors as well, and then do the whole brake system. Will be due in another 6 months.

Hope this helps someone -
take some quality pics or vids of the ebrake assembly