Notices
Honda Accord (2013 - 2015) 2013 - 2015 Honda Accord and Inspire

ANC Diag

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 04:23 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANC Diag

So I was messing with the Developer setting ANC Diag to see if I could disable the ANC to see what engine noise inside the cabin would be like without the cancellation. After messing with it for a bit I could tell I wasn't doing anything so I decided to turn my music on and I think I messed something up. I have an aftermarket sub in the car and after messing with the ANC Diag thing the sub doesn't sound the same as it did before I was messing with it and I'm not sure what to do to diagnose the problem or fix it. Any help or even pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: ANC Diag

Originally Posted by Oakleaf
So I was messing with the Developer setting ANC Diag to see if I could disable the ANC to see what engine noise inside the cabin would be like without the cancellation. After messing with it for a bit I could tell I wasn't doing anything so I decided to turn my music on and I think I messed something up. I have an aftermarket sub in the car and after messing with the ANC Diag thing the sub doesn't sound the same as it did before I was messing with it and I'm not sure what to do to diagnose the problem or fix it. Any help or even pointing me in the right direction is much appreciated, thanks!
LoL!
Old 08-28-2017, 01:29 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My father always said don't fix it if it's not broke.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Active Noise Cancellation systems will only work correctly when the factory speakers AND amplifier are used, as the frequency response and true intensity of each driver (speaker) has been matched to cancel the noise level produced by a factory engine and sound system using a specific power level and microphone input. This type of system has caused a lot of problems for some vehicle owners that modify their sound systems using the preexisting preamp signals from a factory radio into an aftermarket amplifier for which the vehicle cannot control the gain (Insert 1000w Amp Here). Even changing drivers for a "premium" aftermarket one may cause run-away oscillation leading to increased cabin noise. Dealerships will have access to a test program and CD/USB media that allows a technician to test this system at various RPM's with device controls ($AE) to maintain a set noise floor to determine if the level of audio cancellation is sufficient if no DTC's are set in the vehicle. In my experience with several manufacturers, the phase-cancellation is the root cause, not intensity, and can be corrected with a module or firmware change.

Overall, if you want to use ANC, you need to use the factory speakers, amplifier, microphones, and volume controls. Disabling the microphones is an easy way to bypass ANC activation, as these are required to determine actual cabin noise. If these do not function, the default function is to turn the system off, as it has no way of knowing what you can hear in the cabin.

Diagnostic modes are not permanent, and will turn off with a key cycle per Honda, Toyota, GM, and Ford specification (using MOST). Any changes you make will be undone and revert to actual calibration. If a DTC regarding the microphones is set, it will disable the entire system.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Informative,but generic.

Hondas dont use MOST.

Could've saved yourself time by just inserting a Wiki link. Anything you say is waaaaay over this kids head anyway......
Old 10-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And you also could have saved time by not responding at all. I have time to kill. Go apply dielectric grease to some ECM connectors and get warranty time for it, or is that over your head?