Notices
Honda Accord (2013 - 2015) 2013 - 2015 Honda Accord and Inspire

2013 Honda Accord Ex-L squeaky noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:15 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 2013 Honda Accord Ex-L squeaky noise

My 2013 Honda accord EX-L recently started to make a noise which only happened when i would make left turns, it sounded like metal scrapping on the inside of the tire kind of like this
. But after taking my vehicle to Honda to find out what the noise was they couldn't figure out what it was, and after the third time taking it to them they finally told me it was the upper strut mounts and bearings which was causing the noise, they said it would be okay for short term, but in the long run i would need to get it replaced and it would cost me $650. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a cheaper way to fix it, or is Honda just trying to get money out of me?
Old 04-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2013 Honda Accord Ex-L squeaky noise

Take it to Honda and tell them to performed service bulletin #12-081 Front Brakes Squeal or Scrape. The disc brake pad retaining clip (retainer) shifted and is touching the rotor. The normal warranty applies so if your vehicle is out of warranty then you will be paying for it out of your own pocket. If you want to do the job yourself here is the part# 45237-T2G-A04 for the 4 retaining clips that goes on each brake caliper and you should be good to go. Just make sure to apply some grease on the caliper before putting the new retainers on and apply grease onto the brake pad ears when re-installing
Old 10-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 2013 Honda Accord Ex-L squeaky noise

My 2013 Accord has the same squeak when turning left. I took it in a year ago and the first time they said they couldn't hear it. I heard it when I backed out of my parking stall. I took the service manager for a ride. He heard it and said it was a rock. They couldn't locate the rock and said I needed a brake service. I took it in a couple weeks later for a brake service. It seemed to be better for a few weeks (maybe less) and then the squeak was back. I took it back a third time and when they called to say it was ready, they explained what they did to the car. I asked how that was any different than the brake service they did three weeks prior and she said "we did a better job this time".

It was less noticeable over the winter but the problem returned again this summer. I took the car in with the same squeak when turning left complaint and the tech apparently "lubed the suspension" and he said the squeak went away. But it didn't. That evening it was back and I returned the next day, demanded their head technician and I took him for a ride. He drove the car and heard the noise as well. I booked it in for him to look at it a couple of weeks later. That was today. They have just called and said that the retaining clips were shifted and "too close" to the rotor. So they put them back in the middle. If the squeak comes back then I need new retaining clips. My VIN number isn't covered in the Technical Service Bulletin 12-081. They also said that my rotors are warped but that the retaining clip touching it for a year (while they couldn't figure out the problem) didn't cause the warping. Really?!? How can metal on metal squeaking for a year not cause the rotors to warp? It also seems suspicious that the front rotors are warped and it's the front wheel that made noise while the rear rotors are fine...

Are they trying to pull a fast one on me because I'm a girl? I have no problem paying for the retaining clips because it wasn't covered under warranty but if the rotors were damaged due to their failure to diagnose and fix the retaining clips, I think they should pay for that...